Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

beaver run

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beaver run

has anyone ever been to beaver run before? just wondering.........
Old 04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have not been there, but I am scheduled to go in July to the instructional even there.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
I have not been there, but I am scheduled to go in July to the instructional even there.
I just got back from a HPDE weekend. Track is really fun. Turn 7 is a little hard and 9 is a little worse because of the speed. I ran a 1:12.3 the record for a AIX car there in better conditions was a 1:06 so I cant complain. If you need any help let me know. John
Old 04-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Ojustracing, I see you have vette brakes, which pads are you using? and how did they work for you?
I'll be there with the PCA in a month or so, and need to order pads in the very near future for the event,

I hear its a pretty heavy braking track, that combined with that i overuse my brakes as a force of habit, and i think i need something pretty beefy.

Miki
Old 04-11-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Well Im running Kfp Golds. These are the brakes that I will be running on the One Lap Of America. I beat the **** out of the brakes and had very little problems. Cold stopping is good warm/hot is great also so. Heavy braking yes. Brake ducts would be manditory if running at race pace. I would recomend you have your instructor take the car out to see what he can do. I had mine take the car and found a rear tire rubbing, rear shocks needed to be stiffer and he didnt like the rear swaybar. But I will tell you my instructor drove the car like he was trying to win nextel cup at watkins glen or Infeion. I learned more from him in 2 seesions than I would with anybody else. I was Solo after my second session. He showed me some advanced driving techniquies that he didnt want to be in the car with me while doing them. I will say he reached for the passenger footbrake a time or too, and told me to do something that I just did and was the wrong thing to do. He aplogized for telling me to do it.(car slid sideways a bit. Have fun Its A Blast!!!!!!!!!!!! John
Hey I just re read that you are going to be there in a month. You must be going for there weekend there. The one hr race that they are having sound like a fun. I sat at dinner with a couple of people that are going to do that. Nice group of people.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

I think we will be racing there next year but im not sure yet...(kart racing)...I heard its a fun track...

If you ever get a chance go to VIR in Danville VA that track is one of my favorit