Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

My car sits funny

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004 | 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Default My car sits funny

I have been doin alot of searching to see which spring to use to lower my car. I all the posts i find they say the the stock suspension sit higher in the back then the front. This is not the case for my '00 SS. I dont think the springs are bad cuz they only have 9500 miles on the car. I know that i have the bilstine option and i dont think i have the SLP eibach springs cuz my front fender gap is like 3 inches. Any ideas?
Old 04-25-2004 | 12:59 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

I would recomend cutting the factory springs, or getting another set of factory springs to cut. They're pretty cheap. Use a fiber cutoff wheel and you won't damage the springs at all.

I used factory 1LE springs to lower my car. As is they really don't do any lowering, so I cut one coil off each front, and almost two coils off the rear springs, but my car was higher in the back to start with. You can still get 1LE front springs from the dealer, but they discontinued the rear ones. I got mine used.

Another option is to buy a set of Eibach's. There're good quaility springs, and even come as OEM on some exotic cars. They're just more expensive than stock is all.
Old 04-25-2004 | 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

im not a fan of the eibachs but i still am curious on my my back sits lower.
Old 04-25-2004 | 11:34 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Are you the original owner? Maybe someone else took the issolater rings off the rear springs. You can easily look under there and see if they are present. I'm not a fan of the Eibachs either, mostly because they are progressive rate springs. That's one reason I went with the 1LE springs.
Old 04-25-2004 | 11:37 PM
Launching!

i think it's the bilstien shocks,

i used to have factory springs and shocks (decarbons) and the car was setting normal like any other f-body, a little lower in the front (rake) which looks good,

then i put LGM hypercoils and bilstien shocks and my front sat a little higher than the rear, so i used spacers to raise the rears, looked good then,

as of now, i removed the lgm hypercoils and put the stock springs back on my car due to having long tubes and scraping on most speed bumps, but i kept the bilstein shocks, and now my car sets a little higher in the front, i thought of cutting a coil or so from the front spring, but i wasn't sure if i wanted to do that.