Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Winter/spring engine build up

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter/spring engine build up

hey guys,

I have been bleeding from the eyes searching and pricing and comparing upgrades for my current 2001 z28 ls1 in my 93 Mazda rx7 - 90% not running 9% track 1% street car. this is all sitting in front of a stage 2 F-body T56. 3.90 torsion rear.

going be doing road course time attack in the new england area, COMSCC specifically. I'm brand new to the road race world but really excited to be getting into the sport and driving the car as it should be.

I definitely want to upgrade the bottom end, was going to do this via forged short block... what series of LS, stroker or not, has pledged me. I want to build the engine to last many seasons, i was thinking 383 but for not much more i can upgrade to a ls2 ls3 block. i was going to get new heads/cam for this anyways. i know the little things are going to add up no matter what route i go. also id love to get over to a dry sump oiling set up for the increased life of the engine.

id love to be around the 500rwhp and great torque curve while obviously staying NA. i know these setups are all capable but is there enough reason or perks to upgrade from the ls1/6 block to another series?

thanks for the input! Hopefully this is the right section for this, was too many options.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Oil cooler
Accusump
Restricted Pushrods
Crank scraper

In that order. All more important then the rest. Oil control is king.

Quick Reply: Winter/spring engine build up