Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Preparation for SSCC

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preparation for SSCC

Im thinking about entering the Silver State Classic Challenge in the near future and was wondering if i should do any things in particular to ensure that my car doesn't get any unnessary damage. I would be entering in the Touring Division (95 to 110 mph). Should i do any coolant system upgrades, suspension, transmission cooler, oil cooler etc.? I would be driving a '99 T/A WS6.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the SSCC in May of '02 If you're only running the Touring division then just get a good alignment and go run. You won't be stressing the car that hard at all. My 1st run I ran in the Grand Sport 165/130 mph division and averaged 152 mph for the 1st 50 miles or so and my differential got very hot although my coolant temps were fine. Since then I've begun to run faster and so now have a bigger radiator/oil cooler/differential cooler, not to mention gauges to monitor all this stuff etc.

You should think seriously about entering the Grand Touring class in the 115-125 mph divisions. Even at these speeds ( up to 140 mph ) your car will have an easy time of it and the road is so straight for most of it that it's an easy ride.

Have fun !
Old 09-10-2004, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to but that involves a 4 point harness if i remember right. I use my back seats regulary and can't afford to lose them b/c of a Harness bar.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

I have a bolt in 4 point roll bar that will come out in about 1 hr. You could do something like this if you wanted ?? I leave mine in year around and still use my seats for hauling stuff. People who ride back there have to be pretty flexible to get in there however. FYI harness bars are one of the most dangerous things you could put in your car. All they do is hold your head and body perfectly upright so when the roof comes crashing down you'll be killed instantly. Get a roll bar or forget the 5 point harness. The stock seatbelts would be safer IMO.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Racehead
I have a bolt in 4 point roll bar that will come out in about 1 hr. You could do something like this if you wanted ??
YOUR CAGE IS A BOLT IN???!!!! YOU know better.

For what your planning on phoenix, Just make sure your alighnment is good and go run it. You wont even come close to stressing anything out. It will be a walk in the park at that speed class.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
YOUR CAGE IS A BOLT IN???!!!! YOU know better.

For what your planning on phoenix, Just make sure your alighnment is good and go run it. You wont even come close to stressing anything out. It will be a walk in the park at that speed class.
It's bolted in to meet SCCA and ORR specs. Definitely not your typical bolt in effort. 6x6" 3/8 plates sandwhich the floorboards inside and out with 4 7/16 grade 8 hardware per leg.