Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

What class am I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004 | 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Default What class am I?

Does anyone know what class my car would fall under in SCCA? It's a 2000 z28 A4 with SFC, stall, lid, nitrous. I've been told that once you weld on a suspension member (SFC) then you're in a totally different class. I tried to figure it out from some web sites, but just got confused.

Thanks
-Mark
Old 12-17-2004 | 01:51 PM
Teching In

Hey Mark,

Technically, I don't believe your car is legal in any class with the Nitrous. You will have to disconnect/remove the bottle before you will be allowed to run in any SCCA Solo events, if I remember correctly.

I would suggest that you go to SCCAforums.com. Folks there will definitely be able to give you a definitive answer. That's where I would go and I have been doing SCCA solo events for ten plus years.

Good luck!

Jim
Old 12-17-2004 | 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

The nitrous bottle has to come out to run an SCCA event. The SFC's are not allowed in any class you'd be competitive in (F-stock and E street prepared). I don't know about the torque converter though, but that's not legal for FS or ESP either.

SM or CP would be the next higher up classes to look at, but I don't know the allowances for those as far as the TC goes.
Old 12-18-2004 | 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

pull the bottle and you are in Street Mod. any SFC bump you out of ESP
CP is for cars running true slicks( not dot race tires), and have been gutted.
Old 12-19-2004 | 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

After looking at the rule book, I think it is SM. When I wrote my initial reply, I wasn't sure if a torque converter was SM legal, hence the reference to CP.
Old 12-23-2004 | 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

So if you wanna run in the E-street or F-stock you cant have weld on subframe connectors? What about a bolt in rollcage?, or bolt in SFCs for that matter?

Quick Reply: What class am I?