Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

First autocross

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005 | 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default First autocross

What a blast, that was by far the most fun i've every had. I ended up running in SM along many STI's. Over all I did't do to bad, my first pass I took it easy and turned a 64.3 the second run it started sprinkling then the 3rd and 4th run were dry then the 5th was alittle wet again. My best off 5 passes was a 59.002 and the fastest pass of the day was a 51.1.

For the most part it was all imports I think i could could the domestics on 1 hand. There was me, a vette(well moded with slicks) a cobra and 2 some srt-4 neons. I'd say about 60 percent of the cars were subaru's. Overall it was just a total blast and really was not as difficult as i thought. I thought it was going to be real hard to figure the course setup out but after walking it once and watching before my class I had it figured out and knew just about all the turns.
Old 10-25-2005 | 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

It get addicting.
Some courses are very technical and have overlap sections and cause a lot of "off Course" runs.
that happened to me on one course, came out of a sweeper towards the center of the course and forgot which set of gates to go through. did it twice in a row.
Old 10-30-2005 | 10:16 AM
Launching!

its very addicting i had no intentions of doing much for suspension mods but after the first time autoxing i was hooked
Old 10-30-2005 | 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This course was't bad it was very straight forward. They did have 2 subaru guys go off into the water the day before when they were running the track in the opposite direction.
Old 11-06-2005 | 08:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JonB
This course was't bad it was very straight forward. They did have 2 subaru guys go off into the water the day before when they were running the track in the opposite direction.
I saw a mid 90's mustang almost wrap its self around a pole last time i was at the track.. the kid had no experience and was driving like a mad man... that was his first and last autocross experience haha
Old 11-06-2005 | 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

Autocrossing and Road Racing is very addicting after drag racing your whole life, thats what happened to me and I am now hooked!!!
Old 11-07-2005 | 05:06 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Accidents in autoX are rare, but still happen when you get an idiot behind the wheel. I saw a Ford Focus go over the curb and break the suspension one day, and another day a nice black Corvette did the same thing. The key is to back off the throttle when you start to spin, rather than just flooring it!
Old 11-13-2005 | 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It went pretty smooth on sunday when I went. I there were only 3 cars that spun out and they all stayed on the track and finished under there own power. But saturday with the subaru challange it was a different story but they are all pretty competative with each other and most are veterans of autocross but they all push each other and some times they just push alittle to hard.
Old 11-19-2005 | 10:22 PM
Teching In

sounds like a blast trick is dont bend it to prove nothing we have 2000 z,ebach,hothkis,qai,18in.enkis,have yet to try
Old 11-22-2005 | 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

I bet that was fun.
How were those tires after the race.

Quick Reply: First autocross