Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Katech-powered Corvettes, Sebring spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Katech-powered Corvettes, Sebring spoiler

The Katech-powered Corvettes finished 1st and 4th in GT1 class, 3rd and 7th overall. Watch for me on SPEED. I'll be the tall skinny dude in the pits with the big smile. The #3 car had a gearbox problem. Ron, Johnny and Max did a great job pulling it back from 19th place but ran out of time. I'll post pics when I get back.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats saw it last night. Just need more power or a stronger front bumper to loosen up the other car, on the last lap/last corner.. Just kidding Good run.

John
Old 03-19-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Katech
The Katech-powered Corvettes finished 1st and 4th in GT1 class, 3rd and 7th overall. Watch for me on SPEED. I'll be the tall skinny dude in the pits with the big smile. The #3 car had a gearbox problem. Ron, Johnny and Max did a great job pulling it back from 19th place but ran out of time. I'll post pics when I get back.
I was at sebring Friday and Saturday, you guys are absolutely amazing! I actually had a VIP pass (Dick Martin is my neighbor ) and was watching from right above your pit spot on the balcony, and followed the vette off when they went to work on it, they did a great job, and you guys where so close to passing that Aston Martin! I also watched them inspect your car after the race, very good job guys!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LSONE
I was at sebring Friday and Saturday, you guys are absolutely amazing! I actually had a VIP pass (Dick Martin is my neighbor ) and was watching from right above your pit spot on the balcony, and followed the vette off when they went to work on it, they did a great job, and you guys where so close to passing that Aston Martin! I also watched them inspect your car after the race, very good job guys!

Oh, then you probably saw me. I was standing right in front of the car during inspection after we pushed it back there.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Photos

https://ls1tech.com/forums/road-racing/473089-sebring-photos-56k-warning.html
Old 03-20-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Katech
Oh, then you probably saw me. I was standing right in front of the car during inspection after we pushed it back there.
Yeah, I was the young guy walking around taking pictures but i made a point to take a bunch of pics of the audi diesel engine because those guys where being jackasses the whole race and wouldn't let any fans see their engine, i'll post them up later

It was really interesting to see how everything works behind the scenes, i was standing in between the scale and the lift in the tech tent, wearing an IMAS hat.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Always love watching SEBRING....

Quick Reply: Katech-powered Corvettes, Sebring spoiler