Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

3rd place.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3rd place.

Well i was at the redline timeattack and i must say this is a great event. Very fun and fast and great lap times on the track. Learned alot out there. Well it was at summit point wv and that is a tight tight track. Nothing like Beaver Run. Either way i ran with my sportlines. lol. the best mod i did was Hawk Blues. I still did not find where was to far. I just did not have the ***** to go that deep. Next year i am going to win my class. I need new tires. the Kumhos Mx just does not cut it. also going with alil better susp. Well thanks to all who has helped. I lost to a S2000 with heavy susp and areo mods, and a NSX. Well i am happy as hell with my results for such a tight track with no real straights open her up. Also this was with a A4 trans. lol

http://gallery.modified.com/gallery2..._0279.jpg.html

going over the hill at 127mph and catching some air. This was on the way down.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet ... what did you wind up doing with your shock/spring dilema?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mitchntx
sweet ... what did you wind up doing with your shock/spring dilema?

lol left the sportlines in there with stock 98k mile shocks. The rear would bottom out big time on turns and of camber turns. I have the G2 springs and new Bilstins Sports shocks on the way. Same shock as used on the Z51vettes. or i hope so. Looks like its made for higher spring rates and lowed cars. compars to ride height of a camaro. Also going to order a sway bar from Stano. Good price and good size and weight. But i have along time to get all my parts. Also getting new rotors. Stockers were done for. after 2 days and they were new. And thanks for all the advise to you and all who answered any post i had. They :redline: maybe coming to texas next year.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've heard good things about Sam's bar. I wish I could experiment with different sized bars.

If you come to Texas, be sure and let me know.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Will do and thanks for your pms. SO you know of any more timeattacks like events???? im hooked now
Old 08-13-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

NASA has a Time Trials which runs with their version of HPDE. You should it out.

I was the NASA TT director here in Texas last year. But the time it takes to get a diverse group of cars properly classed was daunting and took away from my racing.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 184 Likes on 121 Posts

Was the NSX a twin turbo car from AutoWave Performance with Nevada license plates?

I race with NASA TTU in NorCal (last year at least) and there is some good competition. You should check it out. They only do Infineon and Thunderhill for the most part. If you do the SoCal group you can do ButtonWillow and Willow Springs.

I want to do the Time Attack next year in my LS7 FD widebody (initial stages of project currently) and the goal is to be the fastest truly street driven car there in TTU.

I have (8) brand new Hoosier 285/30/18 tires for sale and am located in SF. You could probably put them at all 4 corners if not just the front and put some 305's or 335's out back. Get some CCW custom rims or some Vette rims. I'm selling them as I want to put 305's up front and 335's out back on my new car I'm building.

Big brakes should be next on your list. Those stockers are barely enuf if you brake at the limit for 20 minutes straight.

Of note- the car in my sig is for sale
2:04 at Thunderhill (counterclockwise loop)
It will do 160mph down the front straight (3-4 seconds into 5th gear) and is very very quick in the turns. I've only been on a track 4 days ever and there is definately more in it. That was also on full tread depth Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. With Hoosiers a second or two is easy to shave off.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gnx7
Was the NSX a twin turbo car from AutoWave Performance with Nevada license plates?

I race with NASA TTU in NorCal (last year at least) and there is some good competition. You should check it out. They only do Infineon and Thunderhill for the most part. If you do the SoCal group you can do ButtonWillow and Willow Springs.

I want to do the Time Attack next year in my LS7 FD widebody (initial stages of project currently) and the goal is to be the fastest truly street driven car there in TTU.

I have (8) brand new Hoosier 285/30/18 tires for sale and am located in SF. You could probably put them at all 4 corners if not just the front and put some 305's or 335's out back. Get some CCW custom rims or some Vette rims. I'm selling them as I want to put 305's up front and 335's out back on my new car I'm building.

Big brakes should be next on your list. Those stockers are barely enuf if you brake at the limit for 20 minutes straight.

Of note- the car in my sig is for sale
2:04 at Thunderhill (counterclockwise loop)
It will do 160mph down the front straight (3-4 seconds into 5th gear) and is very very quick in the turns. I've only been on a track 4 days ever and there is definately more in it. That was also on full tread depth Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. With Hoosiers a second or two is easy to shave off.
Well none of the tire will meet street tire rules. And read the rules about redline time attack. Practice is 30 min session but race is only 5 laps. So my street tires go out first before my brakes. i am not sure what was done to the NSX but i will pm him and ask.. I wish to get some better tire bu i want to stay in true street trim. Would love to see some more Fbodys out there. Well im on the right coast and you are on the left so dont think we will run each other, but if you come out this way ill be sure to say hi and race ya.

Quick Reply: 3rd place.