Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Changes for Texas World Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changes for Texas World Speedway

SPEEDWAY'S NEW CREW CHIEF

COLLEGE STATION (Grid Commercial Real Estate) – The Texas World Speedway and surrounding land totaling more than 560 acres have been sold to an investment partnership led by Houston-based Corps Ventures LLC.

Plans are to improve the 38-year-old Speedway’s operations while master-planning the excess land on Hwy. 6 for development.

Texas World Speedway, which recently hosted the Big State Country Music Festival, is one of only seven super speedways in the United States and the only one in the Southwest.

Grid Commercial Real Estate coordinated the sale.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Hopefully they make the improvements they are promising.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojave
Hopefully they make the improvements they are promising.
Heh, we had a favored drag strip close its doors and store cotton modules on the lanes last year because it was more profitable to do that than have us race there
Old 12-07-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been to Texas World tons of times....If the Speedway's owners had half a brain they'd re pave the oval and let teams test there,NASCAR has a testing ban at tracks that hold events they'd make a fortune... We would take 40 sets of tires for a 2 day test and burn through them all simply because the surface is so abrasive...I have been 120 MPH in a rented Nissan maxima 5 deep as well as had a few mini van gran prix's there on the road course... tons of fun.... plus the dry been and dixie chicken is good fun...
Old 12-08-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Heh, we had a favored drag strip close its doors and store cotton modules on the lanes last year because it was more profitable to do that than have us race there
navasota closed down due to the owner gettnig a divorce and having to put the track up for sale due to legal bs.

tws is a good venue, i think the market is getting cluttered for road courses in tx, but i think tws will be fine. theres a lot of money to be had putting an industrail park out in front of the track like what has already been started, and there is plenty of land out back as well. it just kinda sucks all those seats and the oval probably wont get used, honestly theres no reason for anyone to go there with TMS in dallas, but i honestly could be 100% wrong. i also dont know cost/income on repaving the oval. but its good if a company with money that both a) likes the racetrack and b) take advantage of the zoning and land and put an industrial park out there. good way to make everyone happy. i do wish however they had portable bleachers on site, and i also thought it'd be kinda cool if they used some of the infield for off road racing.

good news though, hope these people know what they are doing and can make this a really good endeavor for everyone involved. cool stuff.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

I realy like the road course, have done a few NASA events there.. in both directions.. Hope it doesn't go away.
Have only done the oval with the RV....sort of
Old 12-08-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been there a few times ...

http://www.lawmotorsports.net/mw/vid..._R3_hilite.wmv
http://www.lawmotorsports.net/mw/vid...R2_1st_lap.wmv
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oval could quite possibly be the fastest one on the country... @ 2 and a quarter mile lap at 39.90 in our trucks cup cars have tested there and I have heard reports of 217 MPH going into turn 3.....

Quick Reply: Changes for Texas World Speedway