Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

1st time autox in mint ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008 | 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up 1st time autox in mint ws6

well, i did it, i took car in sig to my first autox put on by scca at a local event. i didn't plan on pushing the car as hard as i did. it was great fun! granted the car is mostly stock, and i quickly over stepped the brakes, but all the cones stayed up! after the second lap, i noticed my car shaking, but i was so pumped up, i shrugged it off. with a helmet you cant hear anything. then the ses started flashing, so i drove out to see what the problem was. when i parked, someone said "you're ticking". my stomach turned to knots! i took off my helmet and i heard it too. i was running on 7 cyls. i figured i broke a rocker arm or a spring b/c the noise was up top. imagine my surprise when i found a plug wire that had been blown off the coil! only problem it was pass. side, and i had to wait for it to cool off before repair. they were pratically done when repair was completed. i had great fun, but i won't take this particular car back again. it is just too pristine. i'll find a good beater next time.
Old 07-20-2008 | 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a lot of fun...I've always wanted to autox...but I won't be doing it in this car...

Auto+stock suspension=no fun at autox

Beater would be good fun to get
Old 07-21-2008 | 06:34 AM
On The Tree

there is no doubt the stock sus. sux, but also the stock tires and brakes don't help. i felt i could acclerate well, i just couldnt stop and turn near as well