Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Shock Hardware

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Shock Hardware

Well...HELL. I was building up my front suspension (cursing all the way) when I was about to put final torque on all the hardware. When I got to the bolts and nuts on the bottom of the shock assembly that connects to the front LCA, one of the bolts and nuts broke. I tried to look at GM Parts Direct and some other online sites and could not find any replacement bolts or nuts. Does anybody know where I can get replacement nuts and bolts for this? If one did this to me, I'm going to replace all the bolts and nuts there.
Old 05-15-2016, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Honestly man, I'd just use some bolts with lock washers and nuts or locknuts with washers. these bolts are nothing special you could likely find what you need at any decent auto parts store. I replaced mine over the weekend while I was upgrading my front suspension
Old 05-15-2016, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to take a trip to a hardware store next weekend. I was seriously pissed when the bolt broke, it was the final straw as I was wrestling with the suspension build up, my back was starting to tweak, etc. All I know is that it says 10.9 on the head of the bolt so I'll look for one with the same grade, length and thickness. I just find it weird that I can get hardware for other parts of the suspension but that one.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Yes sir just match the grade on them and you'll be good to go. I know it's frustrating when your right in the middle of an upgrade and wanna get it back together, I've been there too many times myself. on the plus side. atleast it broke now. instead of while your going 80 on the highway..

Quick Reply: Front Shock Hardware