Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about drilling a hole in the t stat? I have heard drilling a 1/8" hole or so, helps with the air bubbles. Since it is a single unit with the housing, where should I drill?
Old 07-02-2016, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You need a no spill funnel . You can find them on Amazon for around 30$. Fill motor through top rad hose. Jack it up and run it with the funnel attached to rad full of coolant . Squeeze hoses to release air. This will take a while , but air should come out. The only other option is a vacuum filling tool they are like 80$.. You also need a 4 way mixer valve for heat. You cannot stop flow from heater core because it needs the flow to open thermostat . You can get one from a 2000 or so suburban
Old 07-02-2016, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The fans on the 3rd Gen Camaro and Firebird are not all that great. A lot of us have converted to the LT1 fan assembly with much better results. Also the radiators on the 3rd gen came in a few versions with the best one just so-so when making bigger power. That is another area that IMHO needs to be upgraded. Also make sure the air dam is still in place at the bottom of the radiator area. If it is gone you need to get another one.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
The fans on the 3rd Gen Camaro and Firebird are not all that great. A lot of us have converted to the LT1 fan assembly with much better results. Also the radiators on the 3rd gen came in a few versions with the best one just so-so when making bigger power. That is another area that IMHO needs to be upgraded. Also make sure the air dam is still in place at the bottom of the radiator area. If it is gone you need to get another one.
Have u tried filling thru the upper rad hose? That is how i had to fill my g body to stop the problem that u have.also wheñu,are overheating do u have heat frome the vents? Lack of heat will indicate a lack of coolant flow

Quick Reply: Overheating