Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trans Am Headlight Connector Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am Headlight Connector Issue

So I'm helping a buddy of mine troubleshoot a headlight issue on his 99 Firebird, among a few other things. I originally thought it was the gear until I noticed this:

It looks like there was an issue and the previous owner attempted to wire a fix but did a very poor job of it. At this point I think we need a new connector, and wire it all up with butt connectors.

Thoughts?
Old 07-16-2016, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by speedychevy
So I'm helping a buddy of mine troubleshoot a headlight issue on his 99 Firebird, among a few other things. I originally thought it was the gear until I noticed this:

It looks like there was an issue and the previous owner attempted to wire a fix but did a very poor job of it. At this point I think we need a new connector, and wire it all up with butt connectors.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't use butt connectors! Solder and heat shrink the connections.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soldering wold be ideal, but realistically I could use heat shrink butt connectors, right?

And if I'm looking at the switch correctly, it looks like the one "terminal" between the blue and green wire is where the other wire from the headlight motor is supposed to go, correct?

Quick Reply: Trans Am Headlight Connector Issue