Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1997 Z28 rolling chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 1997 Z28 rolling chassis

Year: 1997
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $2500
Mileage: 132000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NY
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

1997 Camaro Z28 rolling chassis
-Hardtop
-Mystic Teal Metallic exterior (1 of 42 1997 6spd Z28's in this color)
-Dark grey leather interior
-6spd car
-132k miles
-Non-smoker vehicle

Aftermarket/mods:
-1LE front swaybar w/poly bushings
-Bilstein HD shocks (less than 4k miles)
-Eibach Pro Kit springs (lowered 1.5", less than 1k miles)
-Kenny Brown double diamond subframe connectors
-BMR tubular LCA's
-BMR tubular adjustable PHB
-17" OEM GM A-mold SS/ZR-1 wheels
-BFG drag radials (rear)
-OEM GM SS rear spoiler from 2002 SS
-LS1 F-body front brake upgrade
-Unbalanced Engineering Rag Joint Eliminator
-Shift light mounted in vent

I bought this car from the original owner of 20 years. Technically, this is still a 1-owner car as I have never registered it and have the original title showing only 20 miles.

This car is in EXTREMELY nice condition. It almost impossible to find an original LT1 F-body in this condition nowadays that doesn't have 10k miles on it. I've owned/built 4th gen F-bodies since 1996 and this car is in better original condition than many well cared for 40k (or less) cars that I've had or worked on during that time. 100% original paint (except for SLP SS spoiler added), no accidents, no fender-benders, almost completely scratch free. The paint and clearcoat are almost like new. Zaino car care products have been used on the car for most of it's life.

The underside of the car is beautiful. Not many 4th gens look this nice underneath.

One reason the car is so nice is that it has had extremely limited exposure to UV light over it's life (garaged kept entire life). The car has been under a cover in a garage for the past 10 years with little use during that time (zero use in the past 5 years due to an engine problem). The majority of the miles on the car occurred between 1997 and 2002. All of the "normal" F-body UV deterioration problem areas are not present on this car (hardened leather, faded plastic trim, brittle/cracked dash pad, etc...).

This car is a perfect candidate for any direction (LS swap, original LT1, race car, etc...). Nothing has been removed/hacked from this roller. Only the engine and transmission have been removed.

Items of mention:
-There are some very slight dimples in the passengers side quarterpanel. I had my paintless dent removal guy look at this and they can be removed without an issue. These dimples do not have any damage to the paint or clearcoat. You can also get away with just leaving them. I would only get them fixed if you were really looking for this car to be perfect or for a show car.
-A/C has been removed from the car but I have all of the components. These will be included with the purchase. The compressor is an extremely low mileage A/C Delco unit with less than 4k miles.
-The two rear SS wheels each have one "dent" in the very lip of the wheel. This is able to be repaired by any local wheel shop quite easily.
-Front tires are old and dry rotted. Will need to be replaced.
-1.5" scratch in passengers door

**Will post more pictures in the next few days. Pictures do not show the car lowered with the Eibach's that are currently on. The car now sits about 1.5" lower.

$2500

Last edited by JasonShort; 08-28-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 PM

Open to reasonable offers.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

What a sweet Z28... If only I didn't have so many cars already....
Old 09-08-2016, 03:57 PM

Thank you!

The car had been sold.

Quick Reply: 1997 Z28 rolling chassis