Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need someone to help fill in a few blanks...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need someone to help fill in a few blanks...

im building an 03 s10 blazer 2dr. 2wd. sold my s10 that had my gen3 lq4 in it. i am doing a 2017 z06 inspired build. my stock 6.0 ran perfect when yanked from the s10 all it has is an ls6 manifold.

i am going to run AC in this truck vintage air system inside dash. so im looking for options and opinions with this with also a front mount intercooler.

im fairly new to turbos so im not sure what size i need. s475 s478 s480? what size wastegate and bov and what size intercooler?

what do i need internaly to make it stand up to 650 -700 hp on the street and long trips and extremely rare track visit? i want it to be nice but also dont wanna blow money i dont need to. i see alot of you guys not even touch the inside with almost 800+

im already thinking

arp head studs and rod bolts... main bolts too?

ls9 head gaskets

BTR stage 3 turbo cam with his springs (i think the stage 2 would be good also but if i can get away with the 3 for the kickass sound and decent driveability it would be a plus for car shows and cruise nights)

ls2 timing chain

high flow oil pump... brand?

im planning on going single 4 inch exhaust out the back with an xr-1 muffler

im building my own hot side and all the rest of the piping

i ride around alot with my wife and kids to car shows and doing cruising in general but i like to put it down once in a while. i just want reliabilty for a RESPOSIBLE driver if ya know what i mean.

i really appreciate any help i can get im just missing some small odds and ends to my build list and was hoping for you guys to help plug it in and get me in the right direction.

ALSO any local help would be awesome too!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Do not get ARP rod bolts.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

first time I've read that... any reason why? too overkill?
Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

best advice i have for u is dont count on any help lol i did all my own work not all by choice but i needed to save some cash so i did everything i could to figure it out from building my own turbo manifolds all the way down to cutting the 8.8 down and redrilling all the holes for my s10 bolt pattern. if u truly have a plan stick to it dont be swayed like i was. my truck was supposed to be a single turbo under the bed keeping my ac and stock look on maybe some 18 or 19" vette wheels and now the truck is fully forged fully built custom cam ls6 intake holley rails etc etc etc.. u get the point i wanted s street truck to cryise around but i keep running into cars that have run high six secomd passes at the track and i hate to lose so i kept building to what u see now mostly because i wasnt 100% set on what i wanted for the truck or for the motor so now im way to deep to stop. if it were me id run an s480 but u have different goals i believe there s475 would be a good choiceif u need anything p.m. me i know quite a bit since i did a couple of these little trucks be glad to help if your in north carolina ill.help turn wrenches
Old 09-02-2016, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't **** around with the bottom end. The rod bolts aren't necessary whatsoever.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You will snap a rod in half before the bolts will cause you any trouble.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

I thought I had read that gen 3 rods were kinda weak and it would be a good idea to at least move up to gen 4

Quick Reply: need someone to help fill in a few blanks...