Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Parking Brake Cable Routing from Cradle - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Brake Cable Routing from Cradle - Help?

So, I did a great job of taking pictures of almost everything I needed to reassemble the rear upper control arms and raise the cradle...except for the parking brake cable that makes its way from the cradle up the drivers side. Any help would be appreciated:

Which way does it route?

1) It comes from the junction behind the differential, goes up over the cradle (inside the UCA- toward the center of the car, I assume?)

2) then does it stay completely inside the UCA near the gas tank, OR does it go between the arms of the UCA OR does it stay above the arm, toward the outside of the car?

3) Finally, I assume it stays inside the front cradle mount (toward the gas tank side) on the driver's side? OR does it route outside the cradle mount?

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

this picture might help, you can follow the Ebrake cable from the left side of the picture
Old 09-05-2016, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I wound up going tight to the gas tank the whole way, the over the cradle on the driver's side. It seemed to work out fine, and appears to be the same in this picture, although you can't really see where it goes once it turns up toward the top of the car. I think it must go the way I put it, otherwise, it would be in the way of the UCA. Thanks again!
Old 01-15-2017, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've run into this exact same issue. Glad I found it on here, but I'm still not totally clear.

I didn't completely remove the cradle, just dropped it enough to replace the UCAs.

From front of car to back, the cable goes between the tank and the front cradle bushing, and then BEHIND the control arm's front mount? Or did it go under and up between the mounts?

I've been looking for a photo somewhere that may contain this view, but no luck tonight.

EDIT: Found a pic!

It also goes behind the UCA mount.

Last edited by BudRacing; 01-15-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Cable Routing from Cradle - Help?