Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2017 camaro ss manual stock vs 2015 5.0 e85 lbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:29 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

How are my bolt ons extreme? They're ******* bolt ons.

There is just **** that many miss....or really have no clue about.
No Doug. You have basically everything you could possibly bolt onto the car, some stuff that you have to take the valve covers off for, TONS of port work, holes drilled in rotating parts, fairly sure you've custom-built parts for it, you've removed literally all of the safety parts (bumper supports, door bars(?), airbags), and you have aluminum sheets installed under the car to help with aerodynamics. As Mike has said NUMEROUS times; your car is very impressive, and very fast. But it is far from simple, and almost impossible to duplicate. Any other person would have an 8s car for the amount of time/money you've put into yours. There's nothing wrong with what you've done, but putting down other people for not doing things to the extent you've done them with "bolt-ons" is childish and ridiculous. And it has absolutely nothing to do with my car, before you bring it up.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well put
Old 09-08-2016, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hio says Br0s downplay e85, which none on here do - lets get some for his downplay of his car after Irun14's post.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Hey.. I'll be glad to say my 93 octane hp if I dyno it with it. Only times have been on E85... I mean, thats how I run it at the track... why would I dyno on 93, or run on 93? I probably should just to shut yall up lol
Hey i would love to try e85. But there is no real purpose in 5br0 nut swingers wanting to compare hp #'s of a 5br0 on e85 vs a ls3 on pump. Idk what more gm guys haven't embraced it. It clearly makes power.

So here is what i do. When i see e85 #s i minus 15hp.....or add 15 just as a round #. With that said i have seen where it can be worth more than 15 at times and definitely worth more throughout the curve.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
deflection noted.
Yes.....you did deflect. Just as you're doin now.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
No Doug. You have basically everything you could possibly bolt onto the car, some stuff that you have to take the valve covers off for, TONS of port work, holes drilled in rotating parts, fairly sure you've custom-built parts for it, you've removed literally all of the safety parts (bumper supports, door bars(?), airbags), and you have aluminum sheets installed under the car to help with aerodynamics. As Mike has said NUMEROUS times; your car is very impressive, and very fast. But it is far from simple, and almost impossible to duplicate. Any other person would have an 8s car for the amount of time/money you've put into yours. There's nothing wrong with what you've done, but putting down other people for not doing things to the extent you've done them with "bolt-ons" is childish and ridiculous. And it has absolutely nothing to do with my car, before you bring it up.
So much bad and flat out wrong information in your post. You realky have no ******* clue whatsoever.

For starters almost everything on my car was bought used. Yea......imagine that. Taking someone elses **** they're selling and out running them with it. Did that when i raced carts to

The car has always had bumper supports and door bars. Where the **** do you even come up with this? I've posted pics of it under the hood......so clearly again you don't know wtf you're talking about. So you just make **** up. To reiterate. ....nearly all the safety devices are there.

Airbags are gone and I'm glad after all this airbag recall bs with shrapnel in them. Seat belt is your first line of defense.....and all 4 are in the car along with the back seats. The stock front seats are in it now to.....along with the stock shifter.

I have one sheet boxing off the back of the car.......notice that is not plural. Now i may make more just to here you cry. As a side note......the sheet in the rear made the car quieter, win win right theeeerrrr.

It's ******* bolt ons. Very simple and can be duplicated easily. Now maybe you don't have the skills to duplicate it......but that's your own problem.

Where is all this "tons of port work"? The ******* intake is ported. I ported it.......you think I'm better than mamo? If not then a mamo intake could likely make more power......hhhhhmmmmm

**** i ran to 11.0 on a ****** stock tq arm, lowering springs and not the drag type and stock shocks. Ran 11.1 with no aluminum sheet no rockers and a ls6 intake and airbags with a stick car on nittos

Through all this the car has been on a ****** y pipe, air lid, pump gas and spinning all accessories. ......plenty to be gained.

Hell it's not like I've spent tons of time trying these alternate fuels like the 5br0s love.....you seem to discount that.

You clearly don't know wtf you are talking about......along with some others on here. But it's way easier to cry about it than go figure it out for yourself.

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Well put
Thank you

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-08-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

7-15rwhp is a good variable if you want to be a dyno racer on Br0s
Old 09-08-2016, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Not from what i have researched.......and i ain't believing a damn thing you say.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not from what i have researched.......and i ain't believing a damn thing you say.
Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess
Old 09-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
No offense but making a boosted V8 run hard is so easy a cave man could do it. Especially LS or a 4V Ford. Making a N/A platform run its *** off takes more thought and more attention to detail. With that, I am not saying you don't know how to mod a car.
Nicely said...
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey i would love to try e85. But there is no real purpose in 5br0 nut swingers wanting to compare hp #'s of a 5br0 on e85 vs a ls3 on pump. Idk what more gm guys haven't embraced it. It clearly makes power.

So here is what i do. When i see e85 #s i minus 15hp.....or add 15 just as a round #. With that said i have seen where it can be worth more than 15 at times and definitely worth more throughout the curve.
There are gains throughout the curve... yes... but the gains under the curve are less than the peak gains. 15hp peak, is going to be 5-10 under the curve, and not until midish range.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Dugs bolt on setup is fairly basic IMO
Old 09-08-2016, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
Alot more thought has been put into it than "basic". I might see if he will box in my rear end too doe' Need them aeros..
Old 09-10-2016, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

There are gains throughout the curve... yes... but the gains under the curve are less than the peak gains. 15hp peak, is going to be 5-10 under the curve, and not until midish range.
I've seen some otherwise.
Originally Posted by big hammer
It is. Most think it's more than it is because it don't run like it's fucked.
Alot more thought has been put into it than "basic". I might see if he will box in my rear end too doe' Need them aeros..
Bring it up. Some people put holes in their rear bumper or even cut the bottom of it up out of the way. I didn't like that and i have built many defusers in my years. So yea....pretty basic.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Can we get a fund started to shut hammer and Hio up ? Damn these guys could never shut the **** up!!!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Really?.....you want the guys to shut up that don't post bullshit.

You're a ****** idiot
Old 09-15-2016, 08:14 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

And ironing. Carry on Hio.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Can we get a fund started to shut hammer and Hio up ? Damn these guys could never shut the **** up!!!
Cry babies gon cry
Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
He may be a fuckstick, and a douchebag, but he actually knows how to make a car run. So can I pay to get you outa here? Would lessen the tear pool we already have here.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Darth ftw
Old 09-21-2016, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
He may be a fuckstick, and a douchebag, but he actually knows how to make a car run. So can I pay to get you outa here? Would lessen the tear pool we already have here.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Wow.....fbo 5br0 runs doir to door with your stock 6gen and you had your bf in the car. Good run!
Hahahahaha...

Basically the above.

Good job on the runs fast. Camaro 6G clearly showing its superiority vs mustang 6G and below.

6g 5.0 cai/exhaust/e85/tune still lost vs a bone stock 6g ss. Clearly showing how dissapointing s550 5.0s are (and ugly).

Fast, are you still stock? Or is your car already in he shop to fet modded?

Quick Reply: 2017 camaro ss manual stock vs 2015 5.0 e85 lbo