2017 camaro ss manual stock vs 2015 5.0 e85 lbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Hahahahaha...

Basically the above.

Good job on the runs fast. Camaro 6G clearly showing its superiority vs mustang 6G and below.

6g 5.0 cai/exhaust/e85/tune still lost vs a bone stock 6g ss. Clearly showing how dissapointing s550 5.0s are (and ugly).

Fast, are you still stock? Or is your car already in he shop to fet modded?
Disregard the fact that it ran just as hard if not harder than the cammed FBO 5G that Fast ran before.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
I doubt highly a bolt on 1le can run door to door with a 6g unless the 6g needs driver mod. Find me a bolt on 1le and I'm fairly sure I can prove this.
I definitely think that my basic set up (LBO car) can run with or stay with your car.

A bolt on 1le will not run with stock 6g. It takes a cam along with bolt ons then yes the 1le will pull on a stock 6g.
Again, I disagree.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Highest bolt-on trap...116mph with skinnies and DRs. Yikes!
Again, providing false info princess. Check again.

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I also notice none have a huge list of bolt ons. It's the common bolt ons. Seems like they still could have done some more bolt ons. Not sure how much time it would effect as far as time slip goes or maybe they just said f@$k it and throw a cam in it.
Pretty much this. There is not even an actual FBO car on the fast list. Seems like they just said **** it and skipped the the cam (most bang for the buck).

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I was under the impression that E85 on a NA Coyote motor will only add from about 12 to 15 Hp. Am I incorrect?

If not, do you think the E85 made that much of a difference. I would have thought the bolt-ons would have mattered more with the outcome.
You are correct. But it is not only about peak power. It is about overall power curve and protection against time retard/ high IATs.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
When have the Br0s on here ever claimed e85 doesn't do anything?

All I've seen is actual real world dyno gain results posted
Seen it so often, lost count....

Poppa himself is the most recent example.

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Can we get a fund started to shut hammer and Hio up ? Damn these guys could never shut the **** up!!!
Why would anyone, come to a thread on their own accord and request "shut the **** up"? Lmao.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Disregard the fact that it ran just as hard if not harder than the cammed FBO 5G that Fast ran before.
You keep repeating yourself.... Lol.

I couldnt care less about some other bootleg / busted 5G that did "this" or "that"...

I know what my car can do. I just posted a video of it, i see you forgot already...
Old 09-21-2016, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still have yet to see a Br0 claim e85 does nothing.

All I've seen is realistic dyno gains, which for whatever reason reality seems to upset others or be misconstrued as "downplaying".
Old 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

My car is at the shop now (dropped it off last Wednesday). In the vids yes I was bone stock and lost 2 of the 3 runs we ran. Tbh the mustang owner was a cool *** dude and gave me props for my car. Using the rev match definitely made a huge difference on the last run hene why I won (just barely).

Hopefully my car will be back in another 10 days or so (had a hiccup with headers). Zyborg I am basing my bolt on 1le comments by 2 different fbo cammed, tuned 1le's I ran. Yes I know this does not speak for every last 1le but I don't see how a cammed fbo car will be slower than a non cammed bo car. My comment definitely was not intended to insult or put other 1le's down but based on my overall experiences. As far as stock 1le's or bolt on 5g's it is simply ugly tbh (the ones I ran).
Old 09-21-2016, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I beat a stock 1le by like 1.2 seconds at the track when I was stock power stock tune. Know how it goes, fast02
Old 09-21-2016, 10:32 AM
Teching In

My car is at the shop now (dropped it off last Wednesday). In the vids yes I was bone stock and lost 2 of the 3 runs we ran. Tbh the mustang owner was a cool *** dude and gave me props for my car. Using the rev match definitely made a huge difference on the last run hene why I won (just barely).

Hopefully my car will be back in another 10 days or so (had a hiccup with headers). Zyborg I am basing my bolt on 1le comments by 2 different fbo cammed, tuned 1le's I ran. Yes I know this does not speak for every last 1le but I don't see how a cammed fbo car will be slower than a non cammed bo car. My comment definitely was not intended to insult or put other 1le's down but based on my overall experiences. As far as stock 1le's or bolt on 5g's it is simply ugly tbh (the ones I ran).
I hear you man. Nothing wrong with stating your personal experiences. Keep in mind that I am not saying that I could beat your car, nor beat the cammed 5Gs that beat you. All I am saying is that I think I can put up a good fight vs a stock manual 6G SS and I am only a LBO 5G ss/1le.

Hopefully, eventually I will run into one and find out for myself.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I beat a stock 1le by like 1.2 seconds at the track when I was stock power stock tune. Know how it goes, fast02
Truth. In one of the vids I posted a stock 1le (with cai only) ran a bone stock 5.0 and they were dead even from a dig to 110 ish. They ran 3 different runs and the best run I think the 1le might have put a bumper (nose) on the br0. They were good runs but it shows a stock 1le vs stock br0 is a drivers race.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a bolt-on 5th gen, and a cammed 5th gen in the same night. The bolt-on one beat me worse from a roll, and he is not as good of a driver. I still don't understand it. Cammed one made 450whp when I raced him. I was a his bumper by 130ish. Bolt-on car came around me after 120ish where my car feels like a bit of a turd. I got him on one or 2 of the rolls that werent great for him though. I still wonder if he has a sleeper cam or a real small shot.

The cammed 5th gen ran the bolt-on one after he added a CAI that he didn't have when he ran me, now at like 475whp. He only put 2 cars on the bolt-on car. His car was checked over for a bottle, didn't have one. So I have no idea what happened. lol.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

A bolt on 5th gen can pull a stock 6th gen. No question
Old 09-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
I ran a bolt-on 5th gen, and a cammed 5th gen in the same night. The bolt-on one beat me worse from a roll, and he is not as good of a driver. I still don't understand it. Cammed one made 450whp when I raced him. I was a his bumper by 130ish. Bolt-on car came around me after 120ish where my car feels like a bit of a turd. I got him on one or 2 of the rolls that werent great for him though. I still wonder if he has a sleeper cam or a real small shot.

The cammed 5th gen ran the bolt-on one after he added a CAI that he didn't have when he ran me, now at like 475whp. He only put 2 cars on the bolt-on car. His car was checked over for a bottle, didn't have one. So I have no idea what happened. lol.
I used to beat and run with cammed c5 z06s, when i had my LBO c5z... Used to puzzle people. Lol.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I whole heartedly agree.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
I hear you man. Nothing wrong with stating your personal experiences. Keep in mind that I am not saying that I could beat your car, nor beat the cammed 5Gs that beat you. All I am saying is that I think I can put up a good fight vs a stock manual 6G SS and I am only a LBO 5G ss/1le.

Hopefully, eventually I will run into one and find out for myself.
That's the plan man. Soon as mine comes out me and a few buds are heading down your way to hopefully meet up with you and 99. Will be fun for sure either way. I won't be the fastest but not the slowest neither.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Has not been the case for the ones I ran (3 different). One I have a vid posted of tune cai.and e85 and I walked him bad 3/3. If my car was not in the shop getting modded I'd love to find one to vid and prove this fact.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

So if a 5th gen shows up on tires,ewp,light wheels,full exhaust,light clutch,ported,1 piece drive shaftand rod installed stock intake with a ported throttle body and its tuned you think a stock car can beat one???????????

No way. Solid 11 second car with 116-119 MPH traps. I seen it w two different cars
Old 09-21-2016, 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick

It don't surprise me a bit that the cammed 5gen don't seem to perform as well as some think a cammed car should. There are lots of things that help make a car accelerate better. A cam is pretty far down on that list really. ****....most guys still want to use double valve springs and big heavy duty steel retainers when they cam a ls. News flash......you're doin it wrong.

Someone posted a vid a good while back of a cammed 5gen vs a geared bolt on 5gen. Geared bolt on car walked it pretty good.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-21-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

So if a 5th gen shows up on tires,ewp,light wheels,full exhaust,light clutch,ported,1 piece drive shaftand rod installed stock intake with a ported throttle body and its tuned you think a stock car can beat one???????????

No way. Solid 11 second car with 116-119 MPH traps. I seen it w two different cars
From a dig tbh would destroy me. From a roll I think it's either way with the 5g having the advantage. Again being honest I have not run one with this setup so I'm going to assume in this case yes the 5g would take the w. The ones I ran were on street tires, lt's cai, tune and exhaust. Stock weight, stock ds, stock clutch.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

So stock 6G times?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

From a dig tbh would destroy me. From a roll I think it's either way with the 5g having the advantage. Again being honest I have not run one with this setup so I'm going to assume in this case yes the 5g would take the w. The ones I ran were on street tires, lt's cai, tune and exhaust. Stock weight, stock ds, stock clutch.
Likely stick gearing to....tall tires....so much left in those set ups
Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
It don't surprise me a bit that the cammed 5gen don't seem to perform as well as some think a cammed car should. There are lots of things that help make a car accelerate better. A cam is pretty far down on that list really. ****....most guys still want to use double valve springs and big heavy duty steel retainers when they cam a ls. News flash......you're doin it wrong.

Someone posted a vid a good while back of a cammed 5gen vs a geared bolt on 5gen. Geared bolt on car walked it pretty good.
Do they make a single spring that can comfortably handle over .600 lift?I had the comp singles in my 98 I believe 918 was the number. 228/230 .588/.592 comp xer. It sure ran good. The spring was only recommended to .600.

Who makes a good single now for over .600? Is it ridiculous price?
Old 09-21-2016, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bros downplay e85 all the time here's a dyno sheet from a "stock" bro on svt tune on pump and then e85.. peak is 10-15 but the curve gains aren't much larger it's actually a great mod....for SOME reason bros are just shy about what it does...or they simply don't understand what peak vs under the curves means

Quick Reply: 2017 camaro ss manual stock vs 2015 5.0 e85 lbo