Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1970 caddy sedan deville(sinister) lq4 s475 turbo cam=)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

And there might be some other stuff on the way

Got these for the front, 22's, will be running a pretty short tire because I'm in hopes of static drop and still be able to turn wheels for the turkey run
Old 10-03-2016, 06:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by slocaddy

That's not my finger
Thats not my belly button!
Old 10-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those wheels are killer-

You are damn close to driving time- I'm excited for you man!
Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is that snow kit the map based one? I think I saw it for $387 if you look around
Old 10-03-2016, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like it's gonna be Christmas in October for you. Those wheels are going to look great on the Caddy.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by truckdoug
Thats not my belly button!

Actually wasn't even thinking that when I typed that, dude that's funny LOL
Old 10-03-2016, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmyg
Is that snow kit the map based one? I think I saw it for $387 if you look around
I chose the one that was based on PSI, at least I think I did LOL.... It ended up to be about 420 bucks which seem to be a good price because it has the newer I think it's called "v50 controller / Gage
Old 10-03-2016, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tomhames
Those wheels are killer-

You are damn close to driving time- I'm excited for you man!
Thanks man I just happened to start thinking that I need to do maybe consider getting some rims, the cop car wheels needed tires (I would have rolled em') and I jumped online and started looking for wheels and I was like dAyuM!!
Old 10-03-2016, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Looks like it's gonna be Christmas in October for you. Those wheels are going to look great on the Caddy.
Yeah I can't wait!

So, this morning I figured I'd stop by a local tuner that I had always heard good things about, I had actually stopped in probably about 8 months ago to discuss my car and if he would be interested in tuning it, and he had said yeah no problem he can go ahead and give me a base tune so I could get it going and bring it in for final dyno stuff........ well let's get back to today, he is literally closed up shop and heading out of town asap, like no longer in business!
Obviously his problems are bigger than mine this was just something that I never planned on worrying about....
I still don't think that I can learn tuning between now and the Turkey Run, I'll be looking for somebody else locally here in Sarasota.
As much as I do want to learn it I just don't think now is the time I'm on a time crunch
Old 10-03-2016, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by slocaddy
The caddy will be starting a meth habit shortly. ...this may be on the way.....

And if you wanna know why I went with snow.....well its because I love it's controller!

That's not my finger
Lol, it is a weird shaped one isn't it?
Old 10-03-2016, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should b able to get mail order tune pretty easy. Lsx power tuning.com is one place that I've heard about
Old 10-03-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's funny , I saw that you live in Venice , I vacation there every year for 2 weeks . I was on the lookout for the caddy last time I was there .lol what a great place to live .
Old 10-03-2016, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jimmyg
It's funny , I saw that you live in Venice , I vacation there every year for 2 weeks . I was on the lookout for the caddy last time I was there .lol what a great place to live .
I was down there for a couple of years I'm actually from, and back in sarasota. I take it you saw the water tower..."venice", "a great place to live" ......lol

As far as the tuning, at this point I just need somthing to drive it around on, I would like to learn and tune myself, I just don't think I nave enough time for that learning curve
Old 10-03-2016, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Denmah has a some turbo tunes on his web site I think. Get yourself some tuning software and load one of those. Or the lsx power tuning place, I think you can send your ecm in and it's like 250$. But there has to be someone around there somewhere that can help you out.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Today's progress : brake light /tcc switch installed, tightened all an fuel fittings, getting ready to put some gas in and check for leaks, hooked up and adjusted floor shifter, will make a handle for it tomarrow, stopped at the local parker store and got some hose for the turbo drain and put that end on (made me feel like big accomplishment )......

Cut a nut in half to ajust

Got this little gem from the junkyard, notice the yellow paint pen markings, hate it when they do that

Specs of hose

Where I drilled and tapped oil return , tranny cooler lines underneath
Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is one of my favorites! Removing stuff that will no longer be being used

Speedo anyone ?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are several tuners in the Tampa area. I'm sure you can get a base tune to limp the car the 50 miles to a dyno shop. I just checked the Florida subforum and didn't see anything current. You may want to post an inquiry thread over there in search of a tuner recommendation. Looks like several shops have closed in the last few years.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Red face

Originally Posted by BudRacing
There are several tuners in the Tampa area. I'm sure you can get a base tune to limp the car the 50 miles to a dyno shop. I just checked the Florida subforum and didn't see anything current. You may want to post an inquiry thread over there in search of a tuner recommendation. Looks like several shops have closed in the last few years.
!!!!!So a friend of a friend is coming over tomarrow to give a base tune from an old turbo truck of his that was built very similar to mine!!!
So stoked, this guy uses hp tuners and has been learning tuning enough to get them drivable. Can't believe he is willing to come do this, I'm doing final prep to the car tonight and in the am for when he gets here after work.
Pretty cool to find out there is someone local into this also.
Today I installed the shifter and made a handle for it, put the house carpet back in it.......yes literally house carpet, it was prob changed 20 years ago when the car got color changed in and out by a previous owner, it used to be gold with gold interior .
Anyway hooked up hydroboost lines, it was something I had started before I ever started driving the car a couple years ago, this time made it work haha. Prob put some fuel in it get the air out of the lines tonight, then do plugs and wires tomarrow, got a builder set to run them around the driver's side manifold

Added a little harness with some extra wires for who knows what in the future, and the light yellow wire is to hopefully make the<br/> tow/ haulass work, it comes from the pcm

Beginning of shifter. ....

Plan on mounting a momentary bottom within thumbs reach for tow/haulass.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check this thing out ! Came in the mail today, I put one of these on the escalade 6.2 ( 3.5"version) and they have such a great sound. Not sure what to expect from the sewer pipe I'm putting on the car, so I got this as an option

I actually think I can get it under the car near the axle,
This thing is ridiculous

Hellow-ello-ello-ello..........
Old 10-06-2016, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

It lives!

Quick Reply: 1970 caddy sedan deville(sinister) lq4 s475 turbo cam=)