Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another stock sexgen slaps a FBO bro on youtube

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11.5:1 and DI is the big gains in e85

While the 8l90 shifts slow compared to the Mopar 8 speed, it is light years quicker than the 6l80 and is compared to top Porsche DCTs as far as shift speed goes.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
11.5:1 and DI is the big gains in e85

While the 8l90 shifts slow compared to the Mopar 8 speed, it is light years quicker than the 6l80 and is compared to top Porsche DCTs as far as shift speed goes.
Well in that case they should of made them flex fuel and have a performance button for higher octane. Could of been a easy up sell. Sell the option with a performance pack. Have a bare bones 6th gen performance pack option that sells around the price of the 1SS and less than the overpriced 2SS. Not sure why Corvette guys were selling their C7's for a 6th gen. Yea the 6th gen's are cheaper, but you also get less while not looking nearly as good. More money you make must make some have multiple forms of a midlife crisis.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 11-04-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Proof?

It's november and you must be getting hero DA, time for you to race again. Or are you waiting for a tail wind for your timing error lane?
And more lies! Keep it up islander. Proofing me right with every post.
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
You mean that extra 10rwhp the 6gen will gain on a 93 tune? Or are you saying it needs that E85 race gas you love so much?
More to it than that. Read up....the tunes are dumbed down pretty good. Saddled with tm and cat protection. Some of yhis you only find when logging runs.....like phil

Still doesn't change how unimpressive that extra 70hp is the gt350 has. So far the gt350s has proven to be slower than 6gens.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
The tm and early shifts could be much improved as well. I'd bet a good tuner could pick up .2 maybe more with a 93 tune. Even with only a 10 hp gain.

E85 only 6g could handle a 350 fo sho. 93 tune.... maybe not
This guys knows.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Well in that case they should of made them flex fuel and have a performance button for higher octane. Could of been a easy up sell. Sell the option with a performance pack. Have a bare bones 6th gen performance pack option that sells around the price of the 1SS and less than the overpriced 2SS. Not sure why Corvette guys were selling their C7's for a 6th gen. Yea the 6th gen's are cheaper, but you also get less while not looking nearly as good. More money you make must make some have multiple forms of a midlife crisis.
You pose options for sure, but I think manufacturers are more about what makes them money usually and having to warranty items like that isn't fun.

I love the c7 a8. Just too rich for my blood. I must admit, the 16-20% off (I found many for 20%) 2016 6Gs were very tempting for me. Picking up a 2SS a8 car that stickers for $46k for $35-$36k? Hell yeah!

However, history of GM's first model year rides of new platforms had me look the other way. That and being a cheap ***.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

More to it than that. Read up....the tunes are dumbed down pretty good. Saddled with tm and cat protection. Some of yhis you only find when logging runs.....like phil

Still doesn't change how unimpressive that extra 70hp is the gt350 has. So far the gt350s has proven to be slower than 6gens.

This guys knows.
Phil logged plenty of pulls before our races. And I kind of hate my car was off that day tto come to find out. If it werent it would have been gap band on all rayces
Old 11-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Phil logged plenty of pulls before our races. And I kind of hate my car was off that day tto come to find out. If it werent it would have been gap band on all rayces
So now there was something wrong with your car on the races vs phil?

What was wrong?
Old 11-04-2016, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang, even with issues with his car Poppa went 2-1-1 against a 5G with more power mods.

I guess 5Gs aren't as evenly stacked with Br0s as some claim.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
So now there was something wrong with your car on the races vs phil?

What was wrong?

Lets just say the car isn't where it should be since cat deletes. I'll get more track logs when I recover from my back surgery.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Well.....according to you and you have said it many times the cat delete helped.

My bet is yours was closer to being right than his untuned car. Be glad his wasn't tuned. If his would have been you would have lost all the runs.

Remember. ..the only advantage you had was down low. All he had to do at that point was stay beside you and wait for feminine tq to kick in. You already needed more up top.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Dang, even with issues with his car Poppa went 2-1-1 against a 5G with more power mods.

I guess 5Gs aren't as evenly stacked with Br0s as some claim.
Enough of this redundant bullshit. Poppas car was modded more period. I should've saved the mod list but i didn't. .......poppa deleted it.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Lets just say the car isn't where it should be since cat deletes. I'll get more track logs when I recover from my back surgery.
Dont "lets just say..."

Say.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Well.....according to you and you have said it many times the cat delete helped.

My bet is yours was closer to being right than his untuned car. Be glad his wasn't tuned. If his would have been you would have lost all the runs.

Remember. ..the only advantage you had was down low. All he had to do at that point was stay beside you and wait for feminine tq to kick in. You already needed more up top.
Be glad he had more mods than me too. Yet again... mod for mod... 5.0 will always outrun a 5th gen. Hell, I won with less mods than a 5th gen.. so all in all... good day.. even though mine is down on power...
Old 11-04-2016, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Dont "lets just say..."

Say.
As far as yourself, and Hiocrew is concerned. From here on out, my car is considered Bolt on, No ET. Sorry fellas... None of yalls business.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Banned

My car is now considered a 3 mod fbomb from here on out fellas. H/C/I...1 2 3!
Old 11-04-2016, 07:09 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Where was my lie?
You were in neg DA, you did have a tail wind and your lane had a timing error.
All facts.

If the timing error isn't a fact you would have made easy cash with the 60ft one sided bet. But you bitched out of it.

I think we could round up cash for the 60ft bet again....but not one sided this time. You had your chance.

Enough of this redundant bullshit. Poppas car was modded more period. I should've saved the mod list but i didn't. .......poppa deleted it.
Phils car had more power mods, including internal ones....couldn't beat a mustang II with basic bolt ons. Pretty funny actually. lol

PS. No offense to Phil, he's a good dude.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Teching In

As far as yourself, and Hiocrew is concerned. From here on out, my car is considered Bolt on, No ET. Sorry fellas... None of yalls business.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Be glad he had more mods than me too. Yet again... mod for mod... 5.0 will always outrun a 5th gen. Hell, I won with less mods than a 5th gen.. so all in all... good day.. even though mine is down on power...
You had more mods. You're just a whiny *** *****.

That fatgen driving around you had you skurred. I shoulda known what you were like when you couldn't admit the 6gen beat you.
Originally Posted by islander033
Where was my lie?
You were in neg DA, you did have a tail wind and your lane had a timing error.
All facts.

If the timing error isn't a fact you would have made easy cash with the 60ft one sided bet. But you bitched out of it.

I think we could round up cash for the 60ft bet again....but not one sided this time. You had your chance.

Phils car had more power mods, including internal ones....couldn't beat a mustang II with basic bolt ons. Pretty funny actually. lol

PS. No offense to Phil, he's a good dude.
All more lies. Keep posting man.

Proof of one is the tailwind dumbass. I've trapped more. So you would think a tailwind would have helped me set a new best. Keep trying. .....everytime you do you just look stupid.

Making a bet when you knew someone was tearing into there **** then bragging about iit is just bitch move. Suits you tho.

The term "Power mods" is a great cop out to mods. More proof of lies and deceit. Fact is poppas car had several more mods. Just the way it is.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

No greater proof of a bitch out move.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:27 PM
7 Second Club

...All more lies. Keep posting man.

Proof of one is the tailwind dumbass. I've trapped more. So you would think a tailwind would have helped me set a new best. Keep trying. .....everytime you do you just look stupid.

Making a bet when you knew someone was tearing into there **** then bragging about iit is just bitch move. Suits you tho.

The term "Power mods" is a great cop out to mods. More proof of lies and deceit. Fact is poppas car had several more mods. Just the way it is.
Who is lying about the tail wind on the run in your sig? "New best" was with 6 mph tail wind and neg DA in the timing error lane. The lane you were too stoopid to get out of all day even though it had a timing error. The lane that you had your best slip from ever with your 1.26 60ft....that you won't even put in your sig. See pic.

Actually I never made the bet, it was Willizm and no one knew that you wrecked your FP tranny with your awesome driving skills when the bet was made.

Yes, Phil had more power mods and couldn't beat a mustang II. Cry all you want about this fact. Lol
Old 11-04-2016, 09:30 PM
7 Second Club

No greater proof of a bitch out move.
You calling the entire hiocrew are bitches too? Where you think poppacapp got that from. Lol

Quick Reply: Another stock sexgen slaps a FBO bro on youtube