Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

When to say stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default When to say stop

Knowing when to say stop is a difficult Challenge for me I will admit that. I have spent years working on cars, on my own and at a shop. I have a few certifications saying I'm not a total moron with automobiles.

But as much as it hurt I had to give up on a project and will relinquish it to someone more specialized. I have had the voodoo carrier bearing sitting on the bench for a while and after my new clutch install the old one wanted no more. It was resting on the heat shield. So I took the exhaust back off and pulled the shaft. Separating the metal boot is a slow process but I had anticipated that much. The cv joint coming apart when trying to get to the snap ring was not. This was the first two piece I had done, my dad had done several. When he said it was time to stop. It was time. You have a very good chance of messing up the cv joint on putting it back together and finding someone with the right setup to press it off was not going to happen on a Sunday. Now i will have to convince a friend of mine to take pity on me in the morning so it can be put back together. Long story short don't underestimate this job. Seems straight forward but not so much........

On the bright side I will have plenty of time to put in the new diff bushing
Attached Thumbnails When to say stop-photo713.jpg   When to say stop-photo958.jpg   When to say stop-photo514.jpg  

Last edited by vroom_vroom; 12-11-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 12-11-2016, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it would have been 5 years ago I would agree lol. I have less time than $$ anymore. Being married will do that......
Old 12-12-2016, 03:59 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
If it would have been 5 years ago I would agree lol. I have less time than $$ anymore. Being married will do that......
Wait till you have kids, sleepin is the only free time i have now a days...

Quick Reply: When to say stop