Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Shifter cubby mount for wideband

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter cubby mount for wideband

I've seen a few pics of people running a gauge mount in the plastic near the shifter under the hvac panel. But have searched and couldn't find how to mount one in that location due to my car have a change holder not a plastic plate.... pic of my car first and pic of what I want to find after

Old 02-15-2017, 09:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

the one with the guage is using the TCS switch plate as a mount, link below. you could put a dummy switch in to fill the empty spot or wire up something like a fan switch maybe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-99-Firebi...JYNeZY&vxp=mtr

if you dont want to go through any of that you could get a piece of abs plastic and make your own.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
the one with the guage is using the TCS switch plate as a mount, link below. you could put a dummy switch in to fill the empty spot or wire up something like a fan switch maybe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-99-Firebi...JYNeZY&vxp=mtr

if you dont want to go through any of that you could get a piece of abs plastic and make your own.
Thank you! Do you know if they make a plain plastic piece that does not have the opening for a rocker switch? If not I'll probably just install a nitrous arming switch in that place
Old 02-15-2017, 12:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

No that panel was for vehicles equipped with traction control' convertible tops or both. I had one in mine but I actually shaved down a 3 way garage door remote and fit it behind the switch and put a push button start next to it.

I'm not sure about Camaros though, since the radio bezel had the slots for switches. I like the cubby but I shaved mine out when I wrapped it
Old 02-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Teching In

I found 6le designs, they seem to make gauge mounts for center console and cup holders and such. So I sent an email to verify if the stuff they have will be a direct replacement for my change hole
Old 02-17-2017, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by stockAF
I found 6le designs, they seem to make gauge mounts for center console and cup holders and such. So I sent an email to verify if the stuff they have will be a direct replacement for my change hole
i have a single pod and dual pod from 6le ill sell u if you are interested.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I've used a generic dual Gauge pod from sick speed on the popular auction site. Fits the space perfectly, I just had to cut the upper lip off the pod with a dremel. It comes in different colors and is aluminum, kind of different. But don't put your wideband down there, unless you're only using it for logging. I found myself occasionally trying to sneak a peak during pulls, bad idea. Hence why my gauges down there are just fuel psi and voltage, afr on the left up higher.

Quick Reply: Shifter cubby mount for wideband