Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls mustang shifters (Auto)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls mustang shifters (Auto)

i'm inching ahead with my fox body ls build...now i'm to the shifter part..i have done a few searchs and havent really got the info i'm looking for....so i'm trying to figure out what shifter will fit in my stock console. i have a th400 with a brake...i would like to not have to cut up the console if possible...stock location works for me as long as the shifter fits.....so guys..what shifter did you use on your foxbody? any clearance issues with shift handle coming close to dash in park etc?..looking at b+m stealth pro rachet... pics would be great tia!!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

B&M makes 1 that fits the fox console.

I would try to use the stock fox 1, if you have it and it was an auto
Old 02-22-2017, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

thx for the reply..the hammer shifter that b+m makes isnt really what i'm looking for. looking for more of a race shifter, i guess...the factory one is long gone..i had seen where someone had mounted a shifter where the e-brake goes...of course this was way before i was looking..lol go figure! looking for some ideas on this thx!
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Not stock location but put mine in the change holder center part or whatever its called lol TCI outlaw shifter, trimmed out around the cover with a dremel tool, put some spacers under the shifter to lift it up a tad and turned out pretty good I think. Just an idea

Old 02-24-2017, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

oh dam that looks really nice!!! you have changed my mind..i like your idea waaaayyyy better than mine... that is why I post dumb things like this..is to get other ideas! thanks for posting pics...I love that look and the shifter too....I might have to look at one of those too..i was thinking about going with the hurst that looks like that but all black....thanks again!!
Old 02-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Teching In

No problem. yea I love the look of a TCI. It feels real good in that position. I seen a couple people put it there before and thought I'd try it, took a little work but I think was worth it. plan on putting a cup holder in the stock shifter spot.

Quick Reply: ls mustang shifters (Auto)