Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sexgen vs S550 local action

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017 | 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Depends man.. there are s550s out there with similar mods as me running in the 10s. Nanner by far not the quickest, and Im sure with some tweaks and tire change I can knock a couple more tenths off. . I would like to be able to get my setup tweaked and running its best and run Pray when he gets tweaked and running his best for a mod to mod run for sure to see how we do. I conceed he will be quicker.. but would like to see how we do.. Pray at least so far.. is the exception to the rule though... he is the only one running what he runs. Not to say others cant.. but they are not currently.

The problem with this forum is everything gets turned into argument. I am fine acing Pray and losing.. he is good people and it was good meeting him yesterday. I race for fun... not to argue
We both need to work on our combos. That is why we were there. It was a chance meeting to say the least. Hell, I offered to port his IM/TB in a quest for him to go faster. I only care how well my car does. I am only racing myself really. I only posted up to clarify what is done to my car and the times I have run. I probably shouldn't have even mentioned Poppa's car. I didn't feel it was about winning or losing between us. The line up we got was an accident really. We were both just out there to tweak and tune our combos to see where we ended up.

I would love a straight up tuned to the hilt mod for mod line up. A re-stalled stock converter for my car is going to cost me $1,500 out of the gate. The kid doesn't have that laying around. I am going to work on getting the cutouts on there and getting the rest of the tune dialed in. Stalled and back on E with the exhaust done should be solid 10's in the same weather we had yesterday.
Old 02-27-2017 | 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Poppa was saying how highly he regards Pray in my private talks with him. I for one am very impressed with how your car runs on self tuning. I believe with time you will find a great tun for that 6G. In a few years they will be something special for sure.
Old 02-27-2017 | 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Poppa was saying how highly he regards Pray in my private talks with him. I for one am very impressed with how your car runs on self tuning. I believe with time you will find a great tun for that 6G. In a few years they will be something special for sure.
Thanks.

I will say that Poppa's wash and wax job was on point yesterday. I was super jelly on how dang good his car looks. The black on yellow is legit. I also thought his car ran great. Once his tune is dialed in and he gets some of the changes done he was talking about he will be right there at 10's as well.
Old 02-27-2017 | 10:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
His car is cool but he gets no respect from me
Why is that? Indirectly, you are saying Hio is cool. His car didnt get like that on its own, you know?

Depends man.. there are s550s out there with similar mods as me running in the 10s. Nanner by far not the quickest, and Im sure with some tweaks and tire change I can knock a couple more tenths off. . I would like to be able to get my setup tweaked and running its best and run Pray when he gets tweaked and running his best for a mod to mod run for sure to see how we do. I conceed he will be quicker.. but would like to see how we do.. Pray at least so far.. is the exception to the rule though... he is the only one running what he runs. Not to say others cant.. but they are not currently.

The problem with this forum is everything gets turned into argument. I am fine acing Pray and losing.. he is good people and it was good meeting him yesterday. I race for fun... not to argue
What did you run e/t and mph? What are all your mods now?
Old 02-27-2017 | 10:55 AM
Teching In

Pray and Poppa should play tummy sticks!
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pray
Thanks.

I will say that Poppa's wash and wax job was on point yesterday. I was super jelly on how dang good his car looks. The black on yellow is legit. I also thought his car ran great. Once his tune is dialed in and he gets some of the changes done he was talking about he will be right there at 10's as well.
Lol.. I haven't waxed the car in a while. Its due for sure. Anither tenth from slick paint?
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Why is that? Indirectly, you are saying Hio is cool. His car didnt get like that on its own, you know?

Ran 11s

Mawds are:

Muffler deletes
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:07 AM
Teching In

Why does ET and mph matter if you're a street racer?
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:11 AM
Teching In

So Flat 11s FBO? Not bad.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Why does ET and mph matter if you're a street racer?
I should start charging you for the lessons son....

Because you can use that as a gauge on the cars performance out on a roll.

So you never told me what you know.... Speak up.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:20 AM
Launching!

Scared of the clocks too.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:26 AM
Teching In

I should start charging you for the lessons son....

Because you can use that as a gauge on the cars performance out on a roll.

So you never told me what you know.... Speak up.
You are the one claiming I know nothing and should spend more time researching cars.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 02-27-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

The ones in the 10s are on ftw, bigger stalls and or stripped. Similar yeah I suppose.

Look around the 6g forums. Most guys won't even spring for a proper drag pack. The car is very capable it's a lot of the owners that are lacking
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
The ones in the 10s are on ftw, bigger stalls and or stripped. Similar yeah I suppose.

Look around the 6g forums. Most guys won't even spring for a proper drag pack. The car is very capable it's a lot of the owners that are lacking
10s can be had full weight (other than drag pack etc) on pump e85 in my opinion. And I agree with you. Not saying the cars are not capable... only that none are doing it right now
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:42 AM
On The Tree
15 Year Member

I agree with the first part, but the fact that you cant respect the time and effort that has taken Hio to set up a car that runs 10s @ 129-130 NA with what started as a mid 13s @ 106-108, boggles my mind and brings into question your "car guy" card.
They all run 12's stock.

I have seen this brought up in every argument on here.

Old 02-27-2017 | 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

10s can be had full weight (other than drag pack etc) on pump e85 in my opinion. And I agree with you. Not saying the cars are not capable... only that none are doing it right now
Yeah it should be close.

Btw nice runs. It's got more in it.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Scared of the clocks too.
Dont know how I ever made it this far... lolol

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
You are the one claiming I know nothing and should spend more tire researching cars.
When did I say "you know nothing"? Dont worry Ill wait....

Im sure there is more to you than your good looks.... You obviously know hipster tattoos and metrosex car....

BOOM !! Headshot. This applies even harder to 5G owner base.

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
They all run 12's stock.

I have seen this brought up in every argument on here.

Im sure some have done it with small "tweaks" and hero conditions.
Old 02-27-2017 | 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah it should be close.

Btw nice runs. It's got more in it.
Thanks man. Working on it. Did youbget everything on your car yet?
Old 02-27-2017 | 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

All these cats who say they don't care about the track sure do sling around ET's and MPH
Old 02-27-2017 | 12:04 PM
Launching!

Chronomentrophobia

Quick Reply: Sexgen vs S550 local action