Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tear Down, what can i scrap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tear Down, what can i scrap?

Well gents, this past weekend has been full of wrench turning. I disassembled my long block for cleaning and inspecting and i pulled the engine and tranny out of my buddies project. Eager to keep the flow going im turning my attention to my projects tear down. The interior is gone except for dash (soon to come), so im looking to start removing thing that are unnecessary for drag racing. Being new to actual drag racing, im not familar with what components in the suspension i can scrap. Ive heard some things here and there about getting rid of the sway bars up front.

Im doing the BMR K member and A arms, manual brakes and a pinto manual rack and pinion. Rear end is going to be BMR LCA brackets, Ford 9" with torque arm, BMR adj pan arm.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can probably loose all the heat shields don't need them, I'd ask what are the rules,of the class your going to run first!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Uneverknow
Can probably loose all the heat shields don't need them, I'd ask what are the rules,of the class your going to run first!
im not planning on class racing, im just building a fun car to see how fast i can go. Maybe gudge race.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Im planning on investing in a air compessor and some cut off wheels and want to start cleaning up my front end. But i cant seem to find any posts about general rules or guidelines. I suppose my search skills are a little rusty. The picture is one i found but cant remember where i got it to ask the specific member. Can anyone assist in educating me on how to remove all the excess metal on my bird

Quick Reply: Tear Down, what can i scrap?