Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e case side valve body question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e case side valve body question

During my rebuild after cleaning out the case I noticed something was missing. My #10(42) capsule with check ball was missing. I'm unsure what part I should order. I have a cup in my rebuild kit but it doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks

​​​​
Old 05-04-2017, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I always remove that check ball, It can break through the capsule & lodge in the Low Reverse clutches, Leave it out.....It will not cause issues.

The cup plug is for hole that was machined for the Parking Pawl Pivot, I don't think I have ever removed & replaced that plug....
Old 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply!

I actually found out what it was, it's the low reverse piston check ball of capsule. Mine must have come apart, while disassembling and replacing the frictions for the low I noticed that they were black and the reason that I was building the transmission. I wonder if that played a part.
Attached Thumbnails 4l60e case side valve body question-screenshot_20170503-225559.png  
Old 05-06-2017, 04:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Cookies
Thanks for the reply!

I actually found out what it was, it's the low reverse piston check ball of capsule. Mine must have come apart, while disassembling and replacing the frictions for the low I noticed that they were black and the reason that I was building the transmission. I wonder if that played a part.
Post #2......

I left mine out during my rebuild last season and it has worked flawless for 10,000 miles.

Quick Reply: 4l60e case side valve body question