Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Stage 1 Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017 | 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Default Creative Steel Stage 1 Motor Mounts

After about a year of ownership, I've had time to start freshening up my 2005 V. Installed a shifter, hotchkis sway bars, a CS soft diff bushing and block.

Saturday night I installed CS's stage 1 motor mounts. I called CS to ask for their recommendation. Kristie from CS hit it right on the head. Install took about 2 hours. Disconnect your battery, leave steering wheel unlocked, remove front wheels, grab a 21mm socket, 15 mm socket, 13mm wracheting wrench, E10 (reverse torx) socket, and a bunch of extensions.

The factory mount from the drivers side was shredded which actually made it more difficult to remove. After buttoning my V back up, it was immediately clear I had made a huge update. Starts faster, shifts cleaner, and shuts down more quietly (though my car definitely seems to diesel a lot).

So now I have a car that shifts reasonably well (probably as good as a t56 car can), handles pretty good, no longer clunks, and the engine is no longer trying to jump out of the car. It idles nice and smooth which is important as it is my daily driver and I have a wife and 3 year old who always says "take dada's car" so there is no way to hide a bad mod.

For those who have not changed their motor mounts or diff bushings, call CS... 60k and diff was clunking and driver mount was trash.

Old 07-04-2017 | 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Haha yeah that's nasty mine looked the same at 46k
Crative Steel is the best company I've worked with I'm lucky their shop is 30mins away just wish I had more money to give them hahaha
Old 07-05-2017 | 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Same experience here. I've got about 60k miles on their street hardness mounts and they seem to be holding up perfectly. No complaints.
Old 07-05-2017 | 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

What used to be their stage 1 black mounts a few years ago is now their stage 2. What color are the stage 1 mounts now?
Old 07-05-2017 | 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MN_V
What used to be their stage 1 black mounts a few years ago is now their stage 2. What color are the stage 1 mounts now?
black
Old 07-06-2017 | 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also have the CCS MM's (I believe stage 2)......and they are great!

I stainless steel zip tied header wrap around them, and used the shields that came with them. I was tired of going through MM's like water, and these have held up great so far.
Old 07-06-2017 | 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just looked at mine after about 10k miles using just the supplied metal heat shields. I have headers and they still look perfect.

Quick Reply: Creative Steel Stage 1 Motor Mounts