Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Toddoky seems to be the Hooker/Holley guy on this forum, but is in product development, so not sure he can help you with exportation of their goods

Thanks
Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine, but i'd also look at Texas Speed. They have a 3" full length system out now, that's considerably cheaper. I don't know anything about it, i just saw it the other day while i was shopping for parts.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deelong4002
I love mine, but i'd also look at Texas Speed. They have a 3" full length system out now, that's considerably cheaper. I don't know anything about it, i just saw it the other day while i was shopping for parts.

I did take a look at the TSP system and its coming out at almost $500 shipping charge as opposed to $200 from summit for the Hooker system. So ultimately for me, the hooker ends up being the cheapest when import tax and VAT is added on (shipping included for the VAT calculation)

With the Hooker system, where are the exhaust hangars mounted / what are they mounted to? my WS6 doesn't have any factory hangars left apart from the one near the transmission.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

It uses one that is off the tailhousing of the transmission. And the other one is the passenger side rear. The kit provides the rest.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-14-2017, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sierravmax

I don't have that passenger side rear one just the bolt holes. Guessing I'll have to get one of those too then !
Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Toddoky seems to be the Hooker/Holley guy on this forum, but is in product development, so not sure he can help you with exportation of their goods
Yep, I'm no help with anything beyond engineering/technical information.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Yep, I'm no help with anything beyond engineering/technical information.
Who is Ty Peek? I think he is the one that helped me out and got me the missing pipe. Had a great experience with service and hold time wasn't too bad.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Who is Ty Peek? I think he is the one that helped me out and got me the missing pipe. Had a great experience with service and hold time wasn't too bad.
He works on the tech service team...I'm glad to hear about your issue being resolved in a positive manner.

Last edited by Toddoky; 07-15-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I see people saying they are going with Hookers 1 7/8. Are they talking about the mid lengths or is hooker selling full length's for this system as well?

Also, why go for this 2.5 setup that is hundreds of dollars more than the 3" setups that are now available?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I see people saying they are going with Hookers 1 7/8. Are they talking about the mid lengths or is hooker selling full length's for this system as well?

Also, why go for this 2.5 setup that is hundreds of dollars more than the 3" setups that are now available?
They make full lengths. You have to buy the adapters or buy the system that it designed to hook up to them.

My 2 cents on the 2.5. I had Speed Engineering true duals with axle dumps. The drone gave me a headache. Ground clearance sucked. Maybe the 3" bumper exits are better? With the Blackheart I have no drone at all. All I hear is a nice deep rumble. I can still hear my radio and carry a convsensation with someone. My car is lowered on BMR/Koni and I love the ground clearance now.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They make full lengths. You have to buy the adapters or buy the system that it designed to hook up to them.

My 2 cents on the 2.5. I had Speed Engineering true duals with axle dumps. The drone gave me a headache. Ground clearance sucked. Maybe the 3" bumper exits are better? With the Blackheart I have no drone at all. All I hear is a nice deep rumble. I can still hear my radio and carry a convsensation with someone. My car is lowered on BMR/Koni and I love the ground clearance now.
I know Texas speed just came out with an over the axle 3" system for about $500. He may be referring to that. I don't know anything about it, just saw it while i was ordering some other parts from them.

I still like my hooker setup. Unless you're running a bigger cube motor, 2.5" is just fine i think. Giving up a few HP for the ground clearance, and lack of drone is way worth it in my opinion. I came from a 3" dumped exhaust, and with a cam it was just retarded.

I am considering some electronic cutouts for when i want to wake up the neighborhood.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

I'm currently in the process of installing my entire system, plus the transmission crossmember and torque arm relocation brackets from Hooker as well. My problem with the crossmember is that the directions say you can use a stock rubber T56 transmission mount, the one with the stud sticking straight down, but there isn't a hole lined up for that stud to go into. Therefore unless someone makes a rubber version of the prothane style (no stud, more just like a block of urethane with 3 holes in the top), it requires an aftermarket mount. Which sucks.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ISU-WS6
I'm currently in the process of installing my entire system, plus the transmission crossmember and torque arm relocation brackets from Hooker as well. My problem with the crossmember is that the directions say you can use a stock rubber T56 transmission mount, the one with the stud sticking straight down, but there isn't a hole lined up for that stud to go into. Therefore unless someone makes a rubber version of the prothane style (no stud, more just like a block of urethane with 3 holes in the top), it requires an aftermarket mount. Which sucks.
I apologize for the error in the text of the instructions, the stock F-body mount won't work as you've discovered. There are indeed stock replacement GM rubber trans mounts available from any auto parts store that have the two outer holes present in them that the poly mounts mimic. They are only a few dollars and you can find them by looking up the mount for 70's and 80's GM V8 cars.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

I apologize for the error in the text of the instructions, the stock F-body mount won't work as you've discovered. There are indeed stock replacement GM rubber trans mounts available from any auto parts store that have the two outer holes present in them that the poly mounts mimic. They are only a few dollars and you can find them by looking up the mount for 70's and 80's GM V8 cars.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

So my next dilemma now is that the midpipe hanger that hooks onto the mount on the back of the transmission doesn't reach while being able to keep the pipes on the headers.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ISU-WS6
So my next dilemma now is that the midpipe hanger that hooks onto the mount on the back of the transmission doesn't reach while being able to keep the pipes on the headers.
Can you attach a photo so I can see what you are working with? What transmission and headers are you using?
Old 08-20-2017, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Can you attach a photo so I can see what you are working with? What transmission and headers are you using?
T56 in an fbody. Using the Blackheart longtubes. It just seems that everything is too far backwards, even tho I've gotten every tube seated fully and the butt joints touching. My over axle tubes are resting on the diff housing as of right now because everything is shifted wrong. Working on the floor doesn't help but I was really hoping this would all slide together easy.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Building from the rear, this is what I've come up with on the passenger side. The transmission mount hook is fully seated in like on the directions. Drivers side lined up with less than 1/4" of space for the butt joint, so that's good.

Quick Reply: New Hooker 4th-gen F-body Headers and Exhaust