Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 cobra vs 95 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
LOL Mac isn't even as bad as you with all your "someday" posts
​​​​​​​But Mac does believe anyone who drinks alcohol is mentally depressed because it's classified as a depressant... Lmfao!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm putting thousands into this house on the side of a mountain.

It comes before the car
Originally Posted by snake95
LOL Mac isn't even as bad as you with all your "someday" posts
​​​​​Im running the car in a few weeks when I put the 3.55's in.

That is some day. It wouldn't make sense to run it with 2.73's I put in it.

I mod a car long term. Why would I be in a hurry?

Last edited by assasinator; 07-31-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
Oh.

They definitely help all motor 96-98's if the tune is good for them. I still have mine. They are locked open, but I plan to hook up the controller and use them. It is daily driven, and they make a huge difference idle to 3000.

Obviously they are superfluous when the glide goes in. They get deleted then.
They're supposed to be wired open. Maybe some dum dum wired them closed
Old 08-01-2017, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Of course you wouldn't tell anyone about your nitrous, your ego loves having a select few morons believing in you.

The only way I would believe you, is if you took an unedited, single take video of you weighing the car, showing underneath the hood, then hitting the track. I would love to have a dyno run in there too, but that is too much to ask.
It's because you have no ******* clue so your dumbass makes accusations about **** you can't understand. That's what kind of pos you are......you are raging fagger

Damn dude, that waslow.

Besides, is 3200-3300 really a weight reduced car?

what Is the minimum weight of a 4th gen without hole saws?

if I got serious with the 96, I can get the car itself down to 2550. That is with nothing left. Not going there. It's light enough. I might remove the side skirts though.
Yea....3200-3300 lb car is weight reduced if it starts life heavier.

You can get a fcar pretty light if that's your goal. People make a big deal about about the holes like that's some dramatic super duper thang. But the reality is they look stupid to me because they think the wholes made a big difference. .....when the reality is they are only distracted by the holes and the real weight came off elsewhere. It would surprise me if there where 15lb of holes in my parts. Likely only about 10lb......and there are none in the main structure.

Originally Posted by islander033
Ummm, Philly's bogarts aren't a drag pak? Philly's light weight clutch wasn't light? Ect?

Seems very intentional.

Can you go a day without lying???????

They let you stay here....

When was the last time you contributed to SRK, with a race or kill? Redfire has no car
This isn't just srk....this is ls1tech. You don't contribute ****

I didn't ly about ****. Pretty common knowledge some parts lose weight. I even brought it up dumbass.

I don't like the guy at all, BUT...With all of the time spent on the car, its 3000 pound weight, and the fact that it's a ls6, I don't doubt his numbers.

Remember, these guys SD tune their cars. It cannot be underestimated how much that help s their powah.

The same goes for coyotes. My 4.5" Drew MAF and monoblade are the keys to it's power.(455/410 on a bad styngy dyno)

Now HIO exaggerates his power, but he runs 10.9 at 130 IMO.

it's too bad I can't run my car and his on a dyno back to back. That would end the bullshit numbers. Test his fuel. Test mine. Right out of the fuel rails. Before and after.
I say what the dyno told me. End of story.

My car was not sd tuned. It ran on a ported 85mm maf with no screen.

I'm putting thousands into this house on the side of a mountain.

It comes before the car

​​​​​Im running the car in a few weeks when I put the 3.55's in.

That is some day. It wouldn't make sense to run it with 2.73's I put in it.

I mod a car long term. Why would I be in a hurry?
I mod mine log term to.

You shoulda built a tiny house or parked a camper on your property. **** all this home bullshit and the taxes that go with it.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Taxes Bro!!!!!! Don't get me Started. Long Island NY. Cheap taxes are about 10-12K a year. Big house here (Average house elsewhere) is 12-15K a year in taxes! I wanna go DFW TX! Rest of the country averages about 13-1500 a year in taxes.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

There should be no such thing as property taxes/property improvement taxes. My uncle and i built my house. I paid sales tax on everything. If i would have just piled all that **** in my yard there would be no tax on the improvement to the property. But because i assembled it then it got taxed.....wtf

The worst part is people keep moving to this area....needing schools and **** . So they raise property taxes but alot of these people live in apartments so the tax don't even affect those people. The burden is left to the homeowners which for the most part are the people with roots here.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 08-01-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
There should be no such thing as property taxes/property improvement taxes. My uncle and i built my house. I paid sales tax on everything. If i would have just piled all that **** in my yard there would be no tax on the improvement to the property. But because i assembled it then it got taxed.....wtf

The worst part is people keep moving to this area....needing schools and **** . So they raise property taxes but alot of these people live in apartments so the tax don't even affect those people. The burden is left to the homeowners which for the most part are the people with roots here.
So much bs in taxes its beyond crooked. Income tax is the biggest crooked scam of them all.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Yup....i think it was actually supposed to go away after the war was paid for.....ww1 that is.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

^ Right. That's why they started it. But like everything else the Govt does. Its ends up staying! Income tax is 100% Un'constitutional!!!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup....i think it was actually supposed to go away after the war was paid for.....ww1 that is.
That's what I thought too. But I just read that was for the Civil War, where Congress first introduced income tax to support war efforts and ended it after the war, finding income tax unconstitutional. Income tax was signed permanently into law via 16th Amendment of the Constitution in 1913, right before start of WW1 in 1914. Even though its still and always has been unconstitutional, IMO, the gov't is flooded with greedy crooked f*cks to give two ***** about what is and isn't unconstitutional.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Taxes are.

The debil
Old 08-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Taxes are good. I paid a whole bunch last week.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Taxes are good. I paid a whole bunch last week.
Hio doesn't pay his taxes. That's why the rest of us have to pick up the slack.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

....This isn't just srk....this is ls1tech. You don't contribute ****
I've contributed waaaay more than you in the last few years. All you do is cry, lie and no racing.
I didn't ly about ****. Pretty common knowledge some parts lose weight. I even brought it up dumbass......
Nope, you out right lied, said FULL WEIGHT. LOLOL...
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hio doesn't pay his taxes. That's why the rest of us have to pick up the slack.
He'd best have his books up to date and doctored proper, you never know when the IRS might come knocking.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

Shut the **** up you bitches.

Right above is where all the lies are. You do realize saying someone else lied when they didn't is a lie on your part right.

Lol @ islander contributimh even a little to anything worthwhile on ls1tech
Old 08-01-2017, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't know how Hio and other VA residents put up with that personal property tax BS. I can't imagine buying say a 50K truck and then getting hammered the next few years just in taxes for it. You should be taxed once..when you buy it. Not every year.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea....3200-3300 lb car is weight reduced if it starts life heavier.

You can get a fcar pretty light if that's your goal. People make a big deal about about the holes like that's some dramatic super duper thang. But the reality is they look stupid to me because they think the wholes made a big difference. .....when the reality is they are only distracted by the holes and the real weight came off elsewhere. It would surprise me if there where 15lb of holes in my parts. Likely only about 10lb......and there are none in the main structure.

This isn't just srk....this is ls1tech. You don't contribute ****

I didn't ly about ****. Pretty common knowledge some parts lose weight. I even brought it up dumbass.

I say what the dyno told me. End of story.

My car was not sd tuned. It ran on a ported 85mm maf with no screen.

I mod mine log term to.

You shoulda built a tiny house or parked a camper on your property. **** all this home bullshit and the taxes that go with it.
We are not that much different. We would get along if you weren't such a dick to everyone.
It's a house for our kids and grandkids. Goats sheep chickens crops to feed them. Lots of fertilizer. Seed comes from the crops. I. Planting an orchard.

6 apple trees 4 peach trees 2 pear trees and various nut trees. All for ever increasing food for the family. I'm raising my daughter working. She will have to kill them herself when she is older.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
They're supposed to be wired open. Maybe some dum dum wired them closed
Huh? Springs hold them closed from the factory. I have them ziptied open.
Your are deleted, yes?
Old 08-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

The only thing islander contributes is being a creepy old man. And occasionally racing the cars that someone else built for his inept ***.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Proof?

Quick Reply: 96 cobra vs 95 trans am