Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default o2 sensor location

Hi every one, i have longtube headers on my ls6 powered 1978 transam, there's 2 o2 sensors, 1 for each bank (already installed). I also want to use my aem wideband sensor. Do i need to drill and weld a new bung or can I "T" it to one of the other sensors. Since my wideband only has 1 o2 sensor, is it ok to have it on 1 bank only? Car has x pipe. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Old 08-18-2017, 04:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

No you can't "tee it". The wideband sensor needs to be in the exhaust stream. You need to weld in a bung. The bung and sensor need to be install on a angle. Just installed a AME wideband on my son's 02 SS and you want to install it as close to the header collector as possible.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
No you can't "tee it". The wideband sensor needs to be in the exhaust stream. You need to weld in a bung. The bung and sensor need to be install on a angle. Just installed a AME wideband on my son's 02 SS and you want to install it as close to the header collector as possible.
will having it too close to the o2 sensor behind it distort readings? I don't want it to mess with the readings of the o2 sensor going Into the computer.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor location