Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks Good!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car is sweet!!!
hey MWC how did you weld all the way around the rocker bars and the front foot/cross member? It looks like there's no room at the A pillar bars and the and the main hoop
Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Any updates since you have gotten the car back?
Old 06-24-2017, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Slowly knocking it out. Sadly this time of year is really busy at work and life with 2 kids requires a lot of time. Was hoping to knock out a lot of the car during my vacation time a few months ago, but it just didn't pan out.

Motor was pulled and taken to AES to be dis-assembled and cleaned as it was super dirty from sitting at the chassis shop. Since it was being ripped apart, decided to upgrade a few things I didn't want to spend the cash on 2 years ago.

Also a friend decided to go BBC and sold me some of his nice lsx stuff cheap.

Went to ls7 Mast black labels heads
Marcella intake
bryant billet crank

had AES install bronze bushings and morel .927 keyway lifters
setup the block for a jesel belt drive
install piston squirters
fully coat the pistons and install gas ports

The cam martin spec'ed org was for the smaller turbos, now that the setup is pretty much set, I ordered a new cam spec'ed for all the changes.

as for the chassis, I painted all the bare metal and engine bay. Took a few of the stock parts that were reused for the front susp to get powder coated.

picked up some dual bead lock rears.

Finally got the wiring from speedwire and started installing that.

Hopefully the motor comes back soon and she will be really close to firing up. Will still need a bunch of crap to safely make passes in it.

Will get some pics whenever I have a min.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

Been working on the car whenever I have a little time, which isn't much....

figured I'd post some pictures!

Front end ripped apart and getting ready for paint:

With everything painted, couldn't put these rusting parts from the stock front susp back on as is, so took them for powder coating:

painting some of the interior bars and firewall:

most of the front end back together:

Wiring kit from race wire:

test fitting the panel:

Picked up some dual beadlock wheels:

starting the wiring:

Had a friend wreck his T/A sadly, so i was able to get his carbon doors, color matching and all! I plan to use both sets of doors, depending on the race.

Also picked up some carbon tubs and a carbon roof some time ago. not sure when I will install those....

you can kind of see the roof just laying on top of my car in this pic:

Also picked this shifter up from my buddy:

put the engine harness in:

center console and stock seat fit, ready for those long drives!

started to clean up the wiring once I had it all figured out and laid out:

batt cut-off wired:

Ran deutch connectors in most spots to make it easy/cleaner:

started to wire the rackpak, power to the dash!

Had to add a second mirco-switch for the reverse lights for the shifter. wired it all nice, installed a Grommet into the shifter also so none of the wires get cut up.

Installed trans, but my cross member won't work. that's going back to MWC for some modding.

most of the wiring wrapped up:

Got some bad news, that when Tony was milling the block for the jesel belt drive, hit a water passage. looks to be a blemish in the block. off to the weld for repair.

some pics of the marcella:

quick pic of the crank:

Once the block is back from the welder, should be rdy for assembly. Only part I don't have for it is the pushrods. after I get the motor back from AES, off to Manna's for him to setup a bracket for my oil pump. then possibly back to AES for them to start it and break it in. Hopefully by the time that is done, I will have most of the odds and ends done with the car and she will be rdy to go. This year will be a wash, but hopefully I will be good to go as soon as the season starts next year.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's like art.. Thanks for all the photos, looks great!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you need something from Marcella, I pass his shop on my way back to my apartment from work.

Same with Uratchko
Old 09-21-2017, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 186 Likes on 136 Posts

Awesome ride man. Looks good. That Marcella is baller!
Old 11-06-2017, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Motor is pretty much done at AES:

waiting for the push rods to come in. Going to have Tony also mount the dry sump pump and a few other small odds and ends on it before it comes back.

picked up a carbon wing from Kostic, it's his old one with the LSx logo on it:

Haven't really messed with the car too much as my work schedule. Did paint a bunch of the bare metal on the car before it got too cold out.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Any updates with the hot rod?
Old 05-24-2018, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Well she is getting closer. So many little things now.

Re-assembled my converter and got that in, ordered a bunch of compressor oil for the trans per Chance.
Motor is back and in. Pretty much have my dry sump mount figured out, need a 30" belt for it and I will be close. Might need a small tweak.
order the cable drive for the fuel pump, that came in today.
My holly TB add's like 2 inches to the intake and does not fit under the hood, so going to have to run it upside down.
The Billet atomizer's use a dual o-ring setup on the bottom and won't work with my injector bungs on the marcella. Need to drill out the bungs(ordered the drill bit)
Think I will be able to fit my Alternator in the area under my TB and run it off the crank still. I ordered a powermaster pulley and of course it didn't work. Powermaster sent me to krcpower.
They make a pulley for it and also a nice mounting bracket That I believe will work well.
Need to figure out all my fuel lines and fittings and order those up. Same with my water/radiator lines.
Tons more of little BS. Hopefully I can at least get it to the point where I can start it soon.

Also purchased another SVO for cheap that I am working on fixing!

Old 05-30-2018, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Looks good Brian, so the TA will be street drivable?
Old 05-31-2018, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Looks good Brian, so the TA will be street drivable?
Yes, would like to do drag with with it.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Well where has the time gone?

I sold my Black SVO for a real clean red one that didn't run. So I'm been spending my time and money on that toy. I recently have had some free time so decided to put it towards the trans am.

Been doing a bunch to upgrade the garage. Last year I ran 100amp service out to the garage, got tired of the single 20 amp breaker feeding the whole thing. Put in like 12 LED lights throughout the garage to really brighten it up. I also installed a small electric heater so I can work on it during these colder months. A buddy gave me a 80 gallon 5hp compressor that needed fixing, so also been messing with that. Picked up a AHP TIG welder also. Rewired the whole garage and added more outlets and 50-amp outlets so I can move the welder around if needed.

At the beginning of the year, my garage was loaded with crap, so cleared it out best I could and made some 2x4 stands for the car.

ordered and installed the cable for the fuel pump:

I have the whole fuel system figured out at this point, just need to install the lines, which I have.

So at this point the man thing holding me back is my drysump bracket. I just need it to be wider because when I install the pump now, it's very hard to install the lines on the bottom. So I ordered a large chunk of aluminum and plan to go to AES at some point and redo it. I purchased a used EGT kit from a friend, 3 of the sensor appear to be bad, so I ordered 3 new probes. once those come in, I can install the headers for good. All this time and I have no idea where I put my header bolts, so just order a new set of those. Ordered an oil cooler with fan, waiting on that and a few oil fittings.

Ordered the throttle cable bracket from motion, but I think I am going to have to mod it some to work with my intake. Would really like to go to the Wilson TB, but don't want to spend the $700 on it right now. Need to run my holley upside down to clear the hood.

My engine harness isn't quite setup for my car, so I need to adjust some of the ends on it, haven't even really looked at that yet.

My oil pump return is setup for a -16, but the tank is setup for a 12. Going to just run the 16 to 12 for now, and mod the tank later to fit a -16.

My motion steamvent kit would of been a PITA when I had to take the intake off, so I sold it and did a custom -4AN setup that I can run under the intake.

Found an adp. from innovator west makes to adp. a m12-1.0 crank sensor into their 3/4-16 bracket, so ordered that. (part #1109)

Hope to have it fired in the next month or so, just need to really knock out this drysump bracket.
Old 12-13-2020, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 110 Likes on 86 Posts

Good to see you back at at.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Glad you have some time B to get back to the car. Hit me up over the break so I can swing by and check it out in person.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 267 Likes on 101 Posts

Nice project, loooong build....I can appreciate that. Look forward to seeing results, nice job sticking with it!
Old 12-18-2020, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I am still subbed. Makes me want to get back out in the garage and keep going on mine.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Feel like I've ordered a ton of parts the last few weeks.

Pulled the motor plate off and installed the water pump gasket behind the plate, then reinstall the motor plate. Yanked the intake, installed some SS valley cover bolts and torqued down the intake. Pulled the trigger on a Wilson hi boost setup, order their cable bracket and a remote IAC setup. The end on my lokar cable needs to be changed now, ordered that also. Installed all of the EGT sensors on the pass side header and installed the header. Installed some br7's that I gapped to .025. Took a minute to figure out the easiest way to install them. I can prob do the whole side in under 5 to 10 mins. Went to install the EGT sensors on the driver header and noticed 2 of the old probes were stripped, so ordered 2 more new ones for that side.

Ordered two Bosch 0261231188 knock sensors and installed those on the sides of the block.

The innovator west adp. came and my new holley crank sensor, so installed those. Ordered a 3.5 bar map for my mustang and took the 5 bar off the mustang to put on the T/A. I have a motion vac bar that I plan to install.

Received my large block of alum and dropped it off at AES for Tony to machine for my drysump bracket.

Ordered another ARE dry sump oil tank, but I might just do a custom one with the fittings sizes and locations I want. Will see once the ARE one comes in.

No idea where my old starter is, so ordered an LS3 style one(AC DELCO 12617229). ordered the plug for it and some new starter bolts.

Fabbed up a bracket for my FPR on the driver side strut tower, Seems like it will vibrate a lot, will see how it is once the fuel lines are in. Mounted my distribution block for the fuel on the pass side strut tower and ran all those lines to the rails. Still have a bunch more lines to do, but needed to order more fittings. I ordered a bunch from orme bro's, but they are waiting on a shipment to restock some of their fittings. I put together a list today and will order whatever else I need.

The first oil cooler I purchased is stuck in China, so ordered another one I made sure was local.

The trans shifter linkage was hitting the tunnel some, had to BFH it.

drilled out and tapped the holes for my alt. on my motor plate. I ordered some keen-serts for it, waiting on those.

I'm sure there is more I am missing.

Quick Reply: Street Driven MWC 25.3 AES 427 Twin Turbo Glide E85 Build