Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Photo pixel count and exploding questions for the gurus on here

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Photo pixel count and exploding questions for the gurus on here

I recently made a trip to my local track and there is a photographer there that the track contracts out... she took a couple of pretty good photos of my car. Usually I just look the next day on her website say cool and call it quits, but I really liked these two photos and decided for once I should give the lady some business. I bought one "high resolution" photo and one standard photo. The high res was $40 and the regular was $10... not printed or anything she just emailed them to me. I do think this might be a bit expensive, but hey I suppose I've wasted far more money on this car than $50 lol...

My question is this, now looking at them without her watermark imposed, I actually kind of like the non high res photo better, OF COURSE. I wanted to blow them up a little and hang up some where but I'm not too tech savvy.

The pixel/size properties of each image according to my computer after I downloaded them is as follows:

High res- 4.21MB 3200x2128 300dpi 24 bit depth

standard- 463kb 900x599 72dpi 24 bit depth

How large could I make these photos without distorting them or losing real quality? Is the Kodak photo booth at a local CVS an ok option? Im not looking for some gigantic poster just a cool couple of pics to frame up and hang in the garage above my tool boxes.

The frontal view is the non high res photo...

Quick Reply: Photo pixel count and exploding questions for the gurus on here