Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do jesel rockers fit under truck center-bolts covers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Do jesel rockers fit under truck center-bolts covers?

Trying to keep everything OEM appearing from the outside and use the factory square coils and brackets.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,101 Likes on 2,417 Posts

Truck valve covers are the same as all LS valve covers except the early perimeter bolt covers.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They may attach the same but they are not the same. For starters, truck PCV valve is in the bank 1 cover (it's actually just a hole, not even a valve, but that's besides the point) Second - the coils don't mount to the cover, they mount to a bracket which then mounts to the cover. Third, truck covers don't have a rear breather on bank 2. Those are just things I know off the top of my head - but point is, they are not all the same and don't know how much of this affect clearance inside - especially the "PCV valve" on bank 1.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:12 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 8.Lug
They may attach the same but they are not the same. For starters, truck PCV valve is in the bank 1 cover (it's actually just a hole, not even a valve, but that's besides the point) Second - the coils don't mount to the cover, they mount to a bracket which then mounts to the cover. Third, truck covers don't have a rear breather on bank 2. Those are just things I know off the top of my head - but point is, they are not all the same and don't know how much of this affect clearance inside - especially the "PCV valve" on bank 1.
They probably won't. I think the baffle style is going to be a big deal:

I've got the top style on a set of heads with Comp roller rockers and the baffles won't fit between the rockers unless you remove the plastic. I have another set like the bottom style which I need to clean and test fit. I'd image you would have the same problem with the larger Jesel rockers. You probably need a spacer to clear the pushrod side, especially if the rockers have an adjuster.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 8.Lug
Do jesel rockers fit under truck center-bolts covers?
Trying to keep everything OEM appearing from the outside and use the factory square coils and brackets.
No. They will not even come close to fitting. In fact, many if not most aftermarket valve covers needs some minor clearancing with Jesel and T&D aluminum shaft roller rocker arms.

However, you MAY be able to get them to work using the valve cover spacers that are available from various vendors like ICT Billet. I do predict that those will need grinding and clearancing also.

You might look at the Crower stainless shaft roller rockers for the LS1. They are not as bulky for sure, but I think you would still need the valve cover spacers at a minimum if those will work for you.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,001 Posts

My Jesels shaft mounted rockerd fit with stock valve covers and spacers on my 91 RS LS1 383 Camaro. The valve cover properly clearanced. My friend that built the motor in 2008 said it was mildly annoying to do. No one has ever noticed the spacers under the stock valve covers.