Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB recommendation lq4

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TB recommendation lq4

I have a 6.0 with 215 trick flow heads and mild cam with a tbss intake. Would you guys go with a 92TB or 102TB. This is in a short bed pick up with an auto. I found a used NW 92 for a couple hundred and might pick it up before it sells. What do you guys think. I’m building it for midrange power. Thanks
Old 11-11-2017, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

The TBSS intake is designed for a 90/92 mm TB. I would use a matching 90/92mm TB. If your TBSS has had the snout ported to opened up to 102mm then the 102 TB might be worth considering. If your using a cable drive TB the bigger 102mm set ups and be more challenging to tune for good driveability.

As for the actual TB. I have a WARR 92mm TB that's high quality, in the color of my choice that was less than $150 shipped to my door. The non coated ones are less and just as well made. You will need the TPS & IAC sensors for the TB. Details are on WARR's website. The Nick Williams TB's are very nice they just cost a little more. NW, WARR & ported stock TB are my choice. Holley might be OK - I've not seen one to examine build quality. A lot of cheap TB's are garbage.

Pictures of the WARR 92mm TB I plan to use on my next project.

Quick Reply: TB recommendation lq4