Old 09-07-2017, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel you need me to keep her safe I will lol
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hahaha she survived.

Finally got a chance to get her out the garage after a 1.5 month hiatus.

Cleaned up the car and went to some local car shows. She was looking really good if I do say so my self

I did end up selling the exports I purchased. Gonna put the money towards a head/cam package
Old 11-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Long time no post....... well I've been busying purchasing stuff for the car. Will be installing hopefully towards the end of December beginning of January.

Some of the parts purchased (took advantage of sales/black friday):

BMR Turbo k-member (no intention of going turbo, took advantage of huge sale).
Tick Performance SNS Stage 3 Cam
Hardended 7.4 pushrods
BTR .660" platinum springs with titanium retainers.
I also happened to pick up a new/used complete red hatch to replace mine that is separating from the hatch.
The same guy also happened to have a red OEM slp SS hood (snagged for $100).

Only pictures I have are of the hood and hatch, waiting for the rest of the stuff to arrive. I will be getting the hood, hatch, and ss spoiler painted before installing since my current parts either have gouges (in hood) and clear coat failing on the hatch and spoiler.

Me and the pops also picked up a new toy/project. 1969 Chevy Nova

We purchased as a roller, car is currently back halved with a narrowed 9" and ladder bar suspension. Our plans are to stick a 502 crate motor that we have in the garage along with a th400. Once the car is running and driving it will be getting a paint job and some other finishing touches. Just a weekend cruiser. I'm looking forward to posting the progress pics as it gets done.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that Camaro has come a long way!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey just as an FYI, I was reading someone posts on facebook who also picked up one of these K members from their holiday sale, seems some of the mounting holes may be off on some of these k members due to some kind of machine hi-cup they had, you might want to investigate this BEFORE you tear your car down.
Just give BMR a call, IMHO.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Thanks man! I wish I had better pictures from when I first purchased the car.

Yeah I've seen the posts on Facebook. Actually been in contact with Eric at BMR who's been extremely helpful, which is the complete opposite of what alot of people paint him and BMR out to be. He sent me some pictures of what is a good k member and one that has the issue. Unfortunately I believe mine and my dad's might have the issue with the A arm mount but Eric said he would ship new ones out if that was the case no question asked. Good thing is that since we picked up the Nova it has been moved into the garage to get worked on so neither my car or my dad will be getting worked on until that car is up and running so no real rush for the k member.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Got about a week and a half off of work so I went home and helped my dad on his TA and finally got all the coilovers set and the suspension adjusted. Figured out that the torq arm mount was in the wrong holes and hitting/resting on the tunnel so we notched the bracket and got the car back on the ground with the new wheel setup. Must say, I'm extremely jealous of how this cars turning out. Wheel specs are 17x4.5 and 15x10 Billet Specialties Streetlites.

The Nova is now in the garage and just waiting on some parts before we throw the engine and trans in it. Gonna be running a 502bbc with a built TCI th350. I'm looking forward to getting this thing moving.

I also got some time before I left to disassemble the LS1 I picked up a while ago and got it down to a short block. All in all it looks to be in pretty decent shape. Gonna start searching for some 243 heads for it unless I can get a deal on some cnc'd ones.

Strangely the weather down in Louisiana dropped to the 20s for a week and I had to make the camaro sit outside for a couple days. Think it was pissed at me
Old 01-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Well, day finally came. Car has officially left the garage and heading back to my parents garage for a unknown period of time. I have alot of things planned while the engine is out. Plan to paint the engine bay with basecoat clear coat and hide a bunch of stuff to clean the engine bay. Delete abs, washer reservoir, and relocate the battery.

New hood is evidently done getting painted so my pops will pick it up for me. Looking forward to getting this done.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man its come a long way, looks great. Keep it up.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Thanks man!

I picked the hood up from paint yesterday and it looks great. Will be dropped the spoiler off to get painted soon as well since it has clear coat failure.

I also picked up a ls6 valley cover to swap for the ls1 originally on my spare ls1 and my SFI flywheel came in. Slowly accruing pieces and parts.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

Fresh paint looks good.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Well, snatched up another good deal. Picked up a 12 bolt Moser for my car. It needs a little loving, but plan to clean it up an get powder coated before putting in the car.

I think even after the powder coating I should still be in it less than a brand new one without the Moser cover.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Coming along nicely!
Old 02-07-2018, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 210 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice! Whats the gear ratio?
Old 02-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks bud!

I believe/hope it's 4:10s. Guy wasn't too sure but for the price it was a steal.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Well........ I've decided to hold off on doing the upgrades to the motor I have. I will be cleaning up the rear end and installing it along with the UMI torque arm and 3 pt subframe connectors I have and then leaving the car alone for a while. I ended up selling the cam kit I had for pretty much what I paid for it so atleast I didn't loose that much money. Will be keeping the engine and heads I picked up to use in the future.

I will be focusing on saving for a house and a few other goals. Once those are met I will put some more money into the car.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Well I have some updates. The car is still at my parents house since I brought it there back in January........ as I said in my last post I decided to hold off on performance upgrades for a while so I can start saving for a house. I ended up selling the k member, LS1 shortblock and 243 heads a couple weeks ago. I figure it'll be a couple years before I'm at a point where I want to build a motor for the car and would rather enjoy driving the car. With that in mind I did decide to start installing some of the upgrades I had sitting that will make it a better all around car. I had a local shop install the polyurethane motor mounts on my car since it was just sitting anyway. In the process of them installing it they told me my water pump was going out. Got the car back to my parents and scheduled a weekend in town dedicated towards working on the car. Some pictures from the replacement of the water pump.....

With the old water pump removed it was clear to see that the bearing was shot. With the new pump installed the engine was extremely quiet..... I usto think I had something going out internally on my engine because of a "noise" I was hearing, extremely happy it was just a bad water pump.

While I had the car up in the air I went ahead and installed the 3 point subframe connectors I've had laying around. This would probably have been a relatively easy job but the frame rails under my car have seen better days and made it difficult to get the bolts started. I was successful however man handled them in. I had planned to install the short UMI torque arm as well but since the 12 bolt isn't ready to be installed I figured I'd do it all at once since I will have to notch the mounting bracket of the torque arm for the 12 bolt.

Put the car back on the ground and then me an my girlfriend took it for our evening out in New Orleans. I never really believed the hype behind subframe connectors making a noticeable difference but boy was I wrong. Between the motor mounts, subframe connectors and the new water pump my car felt like a brand new vehicle. It also made me realize how much I miss driving the car, having my pops Trans Am as a substitute is fun but being that it has a built motor, trans, suspension and drag pack setup doesn't make it as fun to drive, if that makes sense. Its extremely fun for short cruises around town but on longer trips it becomes somewhat of a hassle.

Anyways, within the past week I picked up to new things for the car. As some might recall I picked up a hood and rear hatch for a steal. I ended up painting the hood and tossing the rear hatch. Hood has to go back to paint since the clear has cracked around the grill on the scoop...... However I had been eyeing a red hatch and spoiler on facebook market place for a couple months and both looked to be in amazing shape, no clear issues or anything. Downside was the rear glass had been removed which made his original asking price too much for me. Checked back last week and he had come down considerably, I was able to scoop the hatch and spoiler for $160 bucks which means after I sell the spoiler off my car I'll be into this new hatch and spoiler for roughly $40...........

The final upgrade that I purchased for my car was a new interior leather kit. Originally I was going to go back with a factory color scheme but decided that since I wasn't going to sell why not change it up. Feast your eyes on the new setup (not my car, taken from the sale ad)....

Its supposed to be here sometime next week and the car will be going to a local friend who owns an upholstery shop to install the covers for me. Hopefully I'll be able to post an update within the next month! Looking forward to getting the car back home with me and the cooler t-top weather to enjoy the new interior.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 159 Likes on 144 Posts

Nice! Where did the seat covers come from?
Old 10-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What coilovers did you go with?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Nathan, the seat covers came from Camaro Kings in California. If you look on ebay his are the majority of them, you can also get ones from Lethal Interiors but I didn't want to wait for them to come in so I went with Camaro Kings since they were already made and just needed to be shipped out.

Toronto LT1 if you're talking about the Trans Am it has QA1 up front and Viking out back. Got the fronts for a smoking deal otherwise it would have Viking all around.

Quick Reply: Beginning of a journey with my 35th LE