Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

camber adjustment location & bad inner tire wear inquiries...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018 | 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default camber adjustment location & bad inner tire wear inquiries...

hello ... is this the camber adjustment bolt? and is this adjusted all the way for pos. or neg. camber? damn alignment shop said "your alignment is perfect you don't need an alignment" and didn't charge me, yet the inside of both of my tires get ate up 100% within 6 months since i lowered on bmr springs about 18 mos. ago. -- this is my front passenger side...
Old 01-22-2018 | 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone ?
Old 01-22-2018 | 06:57 PM
On The Tree

That photo shows that it is adjusted more towards negative camber. Since you have not paid anything yet for an alignment, you might try a different shop. A simple, and not too accurate way of knowing if you are running a tremendous amount of negative camber is to pump up your tire pressure to #50 or so and put a 24" level on the tire. Check for plumb.
Old 01-22-2018 | 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stp001
That photo shows that it is adjusted more towards negative camber. Since you have not paid anything yet for an alignment, you might try a different shop. A simple, and not too accurate way of knowing if you are running a tremendous amount of negative camber is to pump up your tire pressure to #50 or so and put a 24" level on the tire. Check for plumb.
thanks for the info .... def will do this to at least see if there is any plumb
Old 01-25-2018 | 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you have it aligned already after putting the springs in it? If you are wearing tires out that quickly I'd lean towards a toe out issue. While camber can wear out a tire it takes much longer than excessive toe does. Try another shop as both the adjustments for the lower control arm affect caster and camber. Ask the shop for a printout of the alignment if they will not provide one, go to another shop.
Old 01-27-2018 | 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

i installed the springs & shocks & adjustable panhard about 18 mos. ago - never got an alignment as everything seemed fine car drove perfectly straight (i know i know i shouldve gotten an alignment), but as stated once i took it after noticing my extreme inner tire wear, the supposedly great shop with plenty of good reviews tells me "you're car is aligned perfectly we're not gonna charge you" lol ... so i guess i'll be going to another shop here this week no doubt & they'll be able to see how my now only 3 month old tires are starting to wear on the inside just the same.

Quick Reply: camber adjustment location & bad inner tire wear inquiries...