Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need Help With TA and 9" Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 417 Likes on 302 Posts
Default Need Help With TA and 9" Issues

Hello, I am throwing a Quick Perf 9" into the car after some 10 bolt woes and it appears I have a weird conundrum with how the Torque Arm wants to position itself in the car. The nose end of the Torque arm stick out much further than with the stock rear end configuration. There was a bolt in the clam-shell mount which goes through the tail-shaft and into the mount and out the other end, previously the nose of the torque arm would sit in between this bolt and the bushing, sticking out of the bushing by about a half inch. Now I have to remove this bolt for the torque arm to be installed into this rear end. I also noticed that if I were to cut the passenger side bolt holes off the Torque arm mount, that there is a reinforcement still preventing the TA bracket from allowing me to align the driver side holes of the TA bracket with the TA mount. Do I cut a notch into that bracket? Further more, with the car off the ground and no axles or wheels installed, the rear end is obviously drooping at its lowest point, but if I jack it up by the pumpkin, the entire car moves up, the rear doesn't budge at all, there is no suspension travel. There is nothing making contact with the tunnel, there is plenty of room. Is this normal? Ill provide a few pics below and any insight would be appreciated.