Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which ARP bolts for flexplate

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ARP bolts for flexplate

I picked up a ARP 399753 flex plate from another member on here and I am getting my parts together to install and I am not sure what length ARP bolts I need. I know this flexplate requires the pilot spacer which I ordered already but I also know it is thicker than the stock dished flexplate from my 02 LS1 so I don’t want to install a bolt that is to short and doesn’t properly engage. BTW this is for the crank to flexplate connection. Any help is appreciated
Old 02-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Without asking you for a bunch of details and going back and forth, I'd rather just say what I would do.

Take a bolt and put it through the flex plate and mark it at the desired or correct engagement depth. Thats the length. Then double check the thread. Look it up on Summit or ARP or your part supplier you like. Find one that either exact or close. If it's only close, take the measurements and see if they would work.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Teching In

I can’t measure the engagement until the pilot spacer arrives and I wanted to just order the bolts so I would have it all at once. I know this is a commonly ran flexplate so I was hoping for a simple answer like stock replacement length is fine or it needs to be X length.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by zmracing
I picked up a ARP 399753 flex plate from another member on here and I am getting my parts together to install and I am not sure what length ARP bolts I need. I know this flexplate requires the pilot spacer which I ordered already but I also know it is thicker than the stock dished flexplate from my 02 LS1 so I don’t want to install a bolt that is to short and doesn’t properly engage. BTW this is for the crank to flexplate connection. Any help is appreciated
Its not enough thicker to warrant new bolts. Why do you think it requires a pilot spacer? Its flat but if you look it gets its distance at the converter feet. Overall crank to converter is the same as a dished plate.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:48 AM
Teching In

It won’t need one if I get a specific converter for an LS but I currently have a traditional short snot th350 converter. Not talking about the bolt through spacer, just the pilot slip on sleeve for converter to crank
Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ah yes, the pilot spacer if its a non-LS converter. As far as the bolts both mine and the black TA got stockers with red loctite on our TCIs. Probably have an extra set if you need them. They are grade 10.8 stock I believe.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Ah yes, the pilot spacer if its a non-LS converter. As far as the bolts both mine and the black TA got stockers with red loctite on our TCIs. Probably have an extra set if you need them. They are grade 10.8 stock I believe.
thanks man. That is what I needed to know. I have some stockers but thanks for the offer..
Old 02-20-2018, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, lots of people dont realize, the stockers are very good. Very high quality bolt with the built in flange head and graded appropriately.