Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Shift Control 6L80

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Shift Control 6L80

I’ve got first start up, and now buttoning down little things here & there to complete the swap of a 2010 5.3+6L80 into a Toyota Land Cruiser. My first foray away from bumper to bumper Toyota in over 20 years. Still learning the world of Chevy

after the remaining little ****&titles get wrapped up, will be ready to think about the next upgrades.

What does it take to get Driver Controled Shifting enabled on the 6l80?

is the capability inherent in all 6l80’s, it’s just a matter of programming & filing another notch in the shifter ?

Last edited by Boy Scout; 11-16-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:17 AM
Teching In

I too am using a 6L80 in a landcruiser swap and I've found mountains of info on using this trans for LS swaps, as near as I can tell you only have a few options inside the GM control modules/operating systems.
using 2010 vette ECM/operating system you can control it from the ECM and use one of the aftermarket displays to show what gear the transmission is actually in at that moment. (The Selector only has 2 positions in forward gears, drive and manual (tap shift regardless of the actual gear that the electronics has selected)
the other option is to use an OE bcm and an OE cluster to display the actual gear that is being used.
ive chosen this latter system and will post up results this winter as I complete the wiring.
butch
Old 11-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Teching In

bbtech - what model landcruiser?
Old 11-17-2018, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by workingdog
bbtech - what model landcruiser?

80 series w/ elocker. My other LC is a 40 is pretty much stock still with the 2f
Do you spend much time on MUD forums ?