General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC stopped blowing air - 2002 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AC stopped blowing air - 2002 WS6

Hey folks,

AC was working yesterday morning, I was working on audio system (not really related but I suppose I could have blown a fuse?) and now its not blowing any air. What are the most likely things I should check? Thanks!!!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Well, I hate to ask, but maybe a wire or connector that goes to the fan control have loosened up?

Can you tell if the compressor is running and if there's cold air being supplied but no fan?

Do you have the factory shop manual or can you get the wiring schematics? I would see if the radio and the fan circuit share any grounding points or power. I would not think that they do but I would check.

Then would start studying the schematic for the fan circuit and testing points in the circuit for power.

I would start at the blower motor. Maybe it burned out on you!
Old 07-23-2019, 07:49 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Before going through schematics, etc.... have you checked the fuses? There are two fuses involved in the blower - the 20A HVAC fuse in the dash fuse panel and the 40A IP-1 fuse in junction block #2 under the hood. I doubt it would be the under hood fuse because you would have other problems besides just the blower. Never rely on a visual inspection of a fuse - they can look fine but still be blown. Either test it with a fuse tester or multimeter or just replace it with a known good fuse.
The following users liked this post:
k3000 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks WhiteBird for the advice. I checked internal fuses, the engine area fuse and the relay also...In the end it was a loose red power wire from fuse box in engine. Not related to radio install but weird coincidence. I gave up and took to AC guy....just too hot in Florida to muck around with broken AC lol.