Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Pump for Hydroboost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Power Steering Pump for Hydroboost?

Not sure if I'm asking at the right place but for my Chevelle/LSA swap I'm considering stepping up do a Hydroboost. The PS pump I got with my accessory drive is GM 84629501. It appears to be a 97-2013 Corvette pump. Would this pump be able to do hydroboost? Thanks!
Old 09-24-2020, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, this is a great place for that question, and it sounds like a fun build/swap! For hydroboost applications, we recommend increasing the pump's pressure capacity over stock to ensure that the pump can provide adequate power for both the steering assist and braking assist together when needed. How much pressure will depend on your vehicle setup and how you intend to drive the Chevelle. We offer new pumps that are modified for this purpose, or we could rebuild your current pump and make the necessary modifications to ensure the pump is properly tuned for the car's steering and braking needs. We're happy to field and any additional questions.
The following users liked this post:
chevmankiwi (05-01-2024)
Old 09-24-2020, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm running the stock corvette ps pump and a wildwood hydroboost with a concept one reservoir with no perceived issues in my '57.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Great to hear! Thanks!
Old 04-30-2024, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 pump mod

[QUOTE=steering_experts1;20290602]Yes, this is a great place for that question, and it sounds like a fun build/swap! For hydroboost applications, we recommend increasing the pump's pressure capacity over stock to ensure that the pump can provide adequate power for both the steering assist and braking assist together when needed. How much pressure will depend on your vehicle setup and how you intend to drive the Chevelle. We offer new pumps that are modified for this purpose, or we could rebuild your current pump and make the necessary modifications to ensure the pump is properly tuned for the car's steering and braking needs. We're happy to field and any additional questions.[/QUO

Hi there
Im interested in same thing.
I'm trying to fit an LS1 into a 1984 C20 and I've come up against this hydroboost, never heard of it before I am interested in using factory LS1 power steer pump so I'm asking what is your company that mods pumps to suit

Regards Chevmankiwi

steerg experts1

Last edited by chevmankiwi; 05-01-2024 at 12:02 AM. Reason: adding name so hopefuuly they see it
Old 05-01-2024, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by korndawg
Not sure if I'm asking at the right place but for my Chevelle/LSA swap I'm considering stepping up do a Hydroboost. The PS pump I got with my accessory drive is GM 84629501. It appears to be a 97-2013 Corvette pump. Would this pump be able to do hydroboost? Thanks!
I am using the same pump on my 71 with hydroboost, works great!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2024, 06:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

That’s what I’m running my hydroboost on. I did install a separate return line back into the power steering pump sump. Run two separate return lines.
That way you don’t get any feedback into the returns when they share.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Pump for Hydroboost?