Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best way to reconfigure battery cables for turbo set up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 08:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 383 Posts

Default Best way to reconfigure battery cables for turbo set up?

I'm going to be putting my car together soon and I'm realizing the stock battery cables aren't going to work very well. I'm going to a top mount passenger side alternator, which I figure is an easy fix - I just shorten the cable and crimp a new end on it. However, the factory fuse box lug cable that used to go across the engine compartment is no longer going to be able to be routed the same way because I'm doing a stand up radiator and the turbo is also going to be in the same area. The solution seems to be as simple as removing the factory cable to the lug, and making a new cable to route to the lug. I just am unsure which way to go. Do I route it down, under and across the front of the oil pan rail behind the balancer and up to the lug? Or do I take a longer route and try to follow the path the harness that mounts to the core support takes? It has to be functional, but I also want a clean install.

Quick Reply: Best way to reconfigure battery cables for turbo set up?