Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help me with my trans am ws6 wheel setup.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with my trans am ws6 wheel setup.

I want to go with billet specialty street lites. My car will be lowered one inch with bmr springs. I made the mistake of going with 18 inch cosmis and they dont fit well on this vehicle in my opinion.
I wanted to go with a 17 inch wheel setup as I feel this fits the f bodies much better. I will be mostly driving this vehicle on the street.
The issue im having is the front brakes I've upgraded with a baer bigger brake setup from the early 2000s. I liked the look of them. Im not sure if a 17 inch wheel would fit up front now as it may not clear the caliper because of the diameter of the wheel.
I was thinking maybe to go with a 18 x ? up front and a 17 x 10 or 11 if it fits in the rear.
Also how wide of a tire would I be able to fit in the rear without it rubbing, same question for the front.
Anybody with an F body that has an opinion, please share your knowledge or experiences.

Eventually i'll finish the suspension setup then heads/cam package for the vehicle.
Pic of how Id like the vehicle to look.
Thanks for any help. Your input is appreciated.

Old 05-24-2024, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

I have 17x9.5 and 17x11 Street Lites on my car. Its lowered 1.25" on Strano coils and I have no spacing, rubbing issues or rolled fenders. I used a 7.25 BS up front and 7.75 BS out back with a 315/35. My wheels are fairly close to the stock calipers front and rear as is. You may need more pad height or a spacer to clear those big calipers. Could always hit up Billet Specialties and see what they offer. Maybe a 17x7 will give a bit more clearance up there?
Old 05-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I almost ordered those, but it seemed everyone has them. So I contacted BS and they will make any of there wheels to fit our cars. So I ordered the BS Turbo in 17x9.5 front and 17x11 rear. Should be here in another 2 weeks, already been waiting 4 weeks.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,624 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
I just wanted to say that this car looks perfect. Excellent choices; clean, tasteful mods that are subtle enough not to take away from how the car was originally supposed to appear, but still able to enhance it. Very nice, well done.

17s are perfect for these cars as anything larger requires too small of a sidewall and just doesn't look right to me. 18s certainly aren't horrible, but 17s still look better IMO. 19+ is
The following users liked this post:
99Silver6.0 (05-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Help me with my trans am ws6 wheel setup.