Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Big injectors and idle quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Big injectors and idle quality

Hi guys, I understand some injectors have a straight/pencil stream and some have spray patterns that atomize the fuel better. I have a Holley standalone and a 1-1 fpr and running flex fuel sensor/e85 with my turbo setup, pretty standard stuff. Currently have Deka 80lb injectors, they idle just fine but I am out of fuel. I have 120lb FIC injectors which I believe atomize better and would get me to 700hpish. But what if I get some Bosch 210s like what VS Racing sells? I would be able to set my base fuel pressure lower to get the most out of my single Walbro "Hellcat" pump. But would I wreck my idle quality?

Second part of the question, what are your favorite big injectors? Am I missing an obvious go to injector?
Old 06-25-2024, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 318 Likes on 232 Posts

"I have a Holley standalone".
Which one?
Terminator X has to use high imp injs.
So, if you step up, be sure that's what you get.
Old 06-25-2024, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Buzzard
"I have a Holley standalone".
Which one?
Terminator X has to use high imp injs.
So, if you step up, be sure that's what you get.

Sorry, yes Terminator X so high impedance only.
Old 06-25-2024, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottStaypuff
Hi guys, I understand some injectors have a straight/pencil stream and some have spray patterns that atomize the fuel better. I have a Holley standalone and a 1-1 fpr and running flex fuel sensor/e85 with my turbo setup, pretty standard stuff. Currently have Deka 80lb injectors, they idle just fine but I am out of fuel. I have 120lb FIC injectors which I believe atomize better and would get me to 700hpish. But what if I get some Bosch 210s like what VS Racing sells? I would be able to set my base fuel pressure lower to get the most out of my single Walbro "Hellcat" pump. But would I wreck my idle quality?

Second part of the question, what are your favorite big injectors? Am I missing an obvious go to injector?
You want the laser-style spray pattern. The fan style impinges onto the intake runner at low RPM and will reduce drivability. Also, the laser-style will make a smidge more HP in the mid-low range due to lower runner atomization and less displacement of the air going into the cylinder while the intake valve is open.
If you are looking for drivability, the ID injectors are the go-to - load in their published injector characteristics and a lot of things get cleared up.
I probably have 5 sets of injectors in my garage and I run the 1050 ID's for the drivability.
The following 2 users liked this post by NoGo:
Old Buzzard (06-26-2024), Woodylyf767 (Yesterday)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 318 Likes on 232 Posts

The Terminator has the inj end angle feature.
Take a look at that when tuning.
There's some discussion as to its accuracy in the calcs.
Here's a link to such.
Let me help you with Injector End Angle. - Holley Performance Products Forums
Old 06-27-2024, 12:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 729 Likes on 534 Posts

120s should net you 1000+ at 60psi base and 90% DC. 80’s should go 600++ if they are plumbed efficiently w 60+ base and good voltage. A lot of times the plumbing is poor, or the pump can’t handle pressure well. The in-tank walbro style are known for flowing poorly at higher pressures.

Be sure to look at your voltage above 6k or so too. Super common for OEM alternators (especially cheap auto store remans) to drop off around 6k. Then come back online at lower RPM. So if you don’t data log, many don’t know they have a huge voltage drop at high RPM.

210’s will idle e85 just as well as the 80’s in my experience. No reason not to go big and buy once IMO.
The following 3 users liked this post by Forcefed86:
LilJayV10 (06-27-2024), Old Buzzard (06-27-2024), Woodylyf767 (Yesterday)
Old 06-27-2024, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Buzzard
The Terminator has the inj end angle feature.
Take a look at that when tuning.
There's some discussion as to its accuracy in the calcs.
Here's a link to such.
Let me help you with Injector End Angle. - Holley Performance Products Forums
The built in Holley IEA feature was flawed right from the beginning and shouldn't ever be used. The spreadsheet in that thread you linked to is what needs to be used with an advanced table.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 239 Likes on 166 Posts

I ran Bosch 210's on my car, 93 pump, idle was fine, no problems. Having them flow matched is prob, a good idea.
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

HP academy tuned in podcast has the injector Dynamics guy going into depth. I believe in it they say that the OEMs (dodge) uses ID on some of their higher trimmed cars

Quick Reply: Big injectors and idle quality