PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor wiring

I need some help from a bigger brain than mine.
This is my first foray into an LS engine swap. 5.3 L installed into a 1990 300zx. The engine came from a 2003 Tahoe that was wrecked. I am learning as I go. Zero experience with LS electronics prior to this. Engine fires and runs ok, but I need to get the O2 sensor reading to do any kind of tuning on it. I have HP Tuners hardware that I can use to pull data. Future hope to figure out how to set up Speed Density tune, but that is for later.

I cannot get my o2 sensors to read at the pcm. Aftermarket harness. The current config is as follows, but the wire colors don't match factory, all are solid colors:
harness driver side : pur 12v pink 1v yel 4v tan gnd harness pass side: purp 12v pink 1v black 4v tan gnd
o2 sensor is 4 wire black black blue white
I do not know what year my pcm is from
I crawled under a suburban (2015) and measured harness outputs, and they were within .3 v of the results on my swapped car.
I matched up the connections on my car to what was on the working suburban as follows;
driver: blacks to yellow and purple, white to tan, blue to pink
pass: blacks to purp and black, white to tan, blue to pink

HP Tuners reports .45 v on both sides bank 1 sensor 1 bank 2 sensor 1. no fluctuations other than .44-.45v constant.
tested o2 heater wires, got 7.5 ish ohms on both. torch tested blue and white wires, and got voltages from .1-.9 ish.

I have tried multiple wiring configs, and nothing works! Please help me.

Last edited by darksydedaddy; 07-03-2024 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Adding information
Old 07-03-2024, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Cool

Helping out the new guy.

Use Bosch front 2002 Camaro sensors with the louvers on the side. PN: 13444 Then you will get the 02 voltages to cycle from 100-800mVolts.

Old 07-05-2024, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

New guy, here... ;-) I have watched both of the attached vids. I have ordered the Bosch part numbers, I will post back here upon receipt and installation. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it! I have been trying to figure this out for weeks.

-d3
Old 07-05-2024, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

PM me your phone number and i can walk you through if you get stuck.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor wiring