Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Sonnax sleeve converter regulator valve

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 506 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Question about Sonnax sleeve converter regulator valve

These have been used for many years now as a fix for 1870 code, Lately I am seeing them in cores I get and thus far every one of them both for bore inside the sleeve and the valve has been badly eroded worn. What is everyone elses observation. Note I have no idea on the age of the cores or when they were installed , But at least a couple appeared like new inside as i get many cut outs except for this extreme wear in that sleeve and valve.
Just curious is other have observed this ?

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,250 Likes on 874 Posts

We have not seen this before, rather strange.
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 506 Likes on 349 Posts

Was strange to me also , But then I have never really taken much time with them other than making sure the valve moved as they can be very difficult to remove without damaging them and they are compatible with my little mods, But these didn't move freely so i removed them and noted this.

Old Today, 03:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

i know the sonnax sleeve is aluminum...the valve itself is alum...but it does have a coating on it ....similar ? ....to the other valves in the VB ....i assume the valve coating is a anti wear measure ....

i also know the trans go valve in their SK is steel....more bore wear due to weight of the steel valve ?

Quick Reply: Question about Sonnax sleeve converter regulator valve