Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PVC and Turbo help

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PVC and Turbo help

I've read a lot and the more I read the more confused I'm getting with all the different opinions. I have a stock ls1 with h/c LS6 intake stock valley cover and huron speed turbo kit. I just turned the boost up to 7bls after being 4-5 for the last couple years. I drive few thousand a summer.

I currently have the stock check valve in DS valve cover, routed to the PS valve cover just like stock, an oil/air separator was added then a PCV valve and into the intake. I also added a large breather to oil fill cap. As I increase boost is this sufficient?
I was considering twin 10 an lines from the valve covers to a catch can and blocking off the intake ports. Is this okay as I'm not pulling any vacuum from the crank case?
At some point the motor will get rebuilt(347) and the boost will go up to 15lbs.
I have spare valve covers, can weld aluminum etc IDC but buying a $400 catch can set up isn't an option.
thank you for any help

Last edited by Mustang Hat'r 2; Today at 04:53 AM.
Old Today, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 114 Posts

You can fabricate a catch can for a bit less than $400
As well, no reason to run threaded AN fitting on BREATHER hose, which essentially operate at ambient atmospheric pressure:
1/2 or 5/8 Heater hose will work..

Quick Reply: PVC and Turbo help