Old Today, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS swap Fan temps

94 caprice wagon

LQ4 6.0

Stock LT1 radiator

07 Town&Country dual fans off a 3.8 V6

I've tried having the tuner patch the Green Blue PCM to make the fans function... added pins. ..

Still no dice.

I'm giving up on the PCM, and moving forward to add some inline temp sensors to switch on my relays in the Current Performance Fuseblock Sa-1000. This fuseblock also helps solve my A/C cycling challenges, so I'd like to keep it.

These won't function as dual speed fans.

It'll be fan 1 ON/OFF at X/X temperature, full speed..

Fan 2 ON/OFF at X/X temperature, full speed.

II definitely don't want them both kicking on at the same time and having a fat draw of current.

I'm wondering what values of sensors I'll need since its not a Low, High situation.... but 2 full speed / same size fans.

I believe a good operating temp is 210-220.

Someone please help me pick some sensors so I can make the right choice the first time.

Thanks
Old Today, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Your "tuner" doesn't know what they are doing.

Those two "stages" there in the aftermarket part can be very easily used to control low/high speed 3 Relay setup that controls 2 Fans. Study the diagram that was linked in your other thread because the factory does it that way.

Green on first, then the Blue. Blue off, then the Green off. Set your temps right to do this or if it's preset, the low one first then the higher one second.

I'll post it here since I drew it back in 2006 and still have it on my computer. Colors because that's factory colors and easy to understand.

Old Today, 05:48 PM
Teching In

I've found lots of threads of people having the same issue with attempting to add pins and make this year PCM function from mechanical to electric fans.

My pcm isn't giving me grounds at temps.

Please read my original post. IM MOVING FORWARD WITHOUT PCM CONTROLS.

im using the current performance fuseblock, i dont need relay advice.

If you don't have the answer to my question please just move on to another thread.
Old Today, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alpha_numeric44
I've found lots of threads of people having the same issue with attempting to add pins and make this year PCM function from mechanical to electric fans.

My pcm isn't giving me grounds at temps.

Please read my original post. IM MOVING FORWARD WITHOUT PCM CONTROLS.

im using the current performance fuseblock, i dont need relay advice.

If you don't have the answer to my question please just move on to another thread.
I literally just told you how it's done with 3 Relays. If the Current Performance Fuse Block is setup the same obviously you can adapt the diagram I posted up there and make it work, because it works. GM has been doing it since 1995. I actually looked it up with your part number and what ya know it has Fan Relays..

I literally told you how to make it work with that aftermarket part too because you don't have enough knowledge to do it. I gave you accurate out-of-the-box help with EXTRA useful info and you posted back with that bullshit above.

There's a reason why you're having complications, and I honestly hope no one else chimes in given the attitude you just gave me not even having a clue who I am and what I've done.

In short,
Go fck yourself, shitbrain. Have a nice day.

Last edited by the_merv; Today at 06:18 PM.
Old Today, 06:26 PM
Teching In

You haven't answered a single question I asked and have ignored all of the factors I'm working with.

Please just leave.

Last edited by Alpha_numeric44; Today at 06:33 PM.
Old Today, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

I have. The thing is, you don't even know what you're working with. If you did, you'd see what I'm saying.

Keep this in mind when you come on a forum:

You're the one asking for help so when people help you, don't criticize the help.

I'm a specialized electronics tech for a job, and I've been building cars for over 20 years, but clearly in this situation you know more than I do, so why are you here?
Old Today, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Since you didn't respond to your other thread because you were too busy being the expert I'm about to rock your brain...

I have had my tuner add this patch.

I'm using a current performance fuseblock.

I still have no fan function at temperature.
Because of this...

I'm getting a steady positive from both hi and low signal wire from pcm while running. (With logic probe... not sure of voltage)
Check voltage with a Multimeter. Electronics 101.

These are both supposed to switch on a ground with temperature to activate the relays.
With factory programming, yes. Sounds like the "patch" is bad.

​​​​​
I'm using blue green and I've added 33 and 42 because the vehicle came with a mechanical Fan.
Seems like you have it pinned correct.

Any ideas how to get this working?
Measure voltage with Multimeter if you think it's a positive voltage, if it's 12 volts it will energize the Relays. Set the Relays up to be energized via 12v instead of the ground. Problem solved.

Enjoy.....

Quick Reply: LS swap Fan temps