Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4th gen fbody battery tray adaptor in stock location.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Default 4th gen fbody battery tray adaptor in stock location.

Hey there, so im in the process of installing the Huron Speed T4 V3 turbo kit, and im going to run a fender exhaust, but the coolant resivoir need to be removed, and in doing so, the battery tray goes with it.
I have heard of people cutting the coolant tank off the bottom and putting the tray back in place, but I was curious if there are any adaptor plates already made for this?
I'd like to run the battery in the back, bit at this point i juat want my car up and running and dont want to buy yeat another $200-500 worth of parts... at least not yet lol im already looking at doing the mighty mouse or motion raceworks catch can kits, and that $350 on their own, so im trying to cut down on cost while I get this car back together. I just finally got the engine back in the car.
any inspirational projects would be welcome!

Old Today, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm gonna try and see if i can fabricate a tray that looks like the tray separated from the coolant tank. For now I'm trying this out

Test fit the tray without the coolant tank attached

Lots of room under the tray above the fender exhaust.

Didnt take alot of effort to separate the tank from the tray

Alottle prying and the old tank came off. I thought i was gonna have to uae a sawzaw but didnt

The dorman tank is my substitute tank now

Quick Reply: 4th gen fbody battery tray adaptor in stock location.