Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hood Exposed Turbo C5 LS1

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Exposed Turbo C5 LS1

I got pissed off at a shop for trying to charge me $400 extra for a clutch swap than they said a week prior. I ended up rage buying all the tools to do it myself and I now have a 7875 turbo menacingly sitting on my table. I've seen so many people talking about how much you have to do to remove and make space under the hood to fit a setup, so my idea was f*** it pop it out the hood. I got pics for what I'm trying to achieve. I was told by a guy who did the same thing for his ls2 c6 to get Chevy Sierra manifolds, but his account on insta got deleted. I'm kinda trying to keep my A/C but if it's gotta go it's gotta go. I was hoping the idea of having the whole suma b**** exit the hood would make things less complicated. Has anybody done anything like this or have any advice? So far my only advice was to hook up the co2 to the wastesgates rather than directly the manifold. This is my first big project. I'm only worried about getting it all hooked up right now. Here's some pics:
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 530 Likes on 411 Posts

Cleetus McFarland did that on Ruby, check out his YouTube channel, there should be a subchannel on the build.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

I'll be that guy... but, if you are paying someone to do a clutch, a custom turbo build may not be your skill set.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
I'll be that guy... but, if you are paying someone to do a clutch, a custom turbo build may not be your skill set.
Nah i had all the free time in the world Im in between jobs right now so I'm just having fun. Took me 3 days.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 165 Likes on 121 Posts

OP: "got pissed off at a shop ..................................... I ended up rage buying all the tools to do it....
and I now have a 7875 turbo menacingly sitting on my table."
. I ALSO have a 7875 turbo- menacingly.
I would drink with OP, epic tales would transpire.

Quick Reply: Hood Exposed Turbo C5 LS1